Pulse Width Modulation? any premade devices?

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
i am needing a premade pusle width modulator.... it will connect throught a buck puck so that it will "dim" the led without power loss through resister. any ideas?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
LTC (Linear Tech) has a new LED driver duck chip with 400:1 dimmable range using onboard PWM see LT3474

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm new to all of this but what about the flupic?

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
i like the d2dim.... I got a headache trying to figure out how to plug it into a buck puck. i think i may have figured it out.... i will post how i think it will work when i have the energy again :p

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
hizzo3 said:
i like the d2dim.... I got a headache trying to figure out how to plug it into a buck puck. i think i may have figured it out.... i will post how i think it will work when i have the energy again :p
please do.... plug it into a buck puck? I'm assuming your having a regulated board fuel the D2Dim?

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
yeah i think that is what i am going to attempt. it supposed to be able to handle 3amps without over heating... i will be using this to power and led array that will be used as a tail light on a motorcycle (full power stop) low duty cycle run). i wonder what the volt drop is through this device. i dont remeber anything being shown on the site. i guess i can drop an e-mail, plus i need to find out what type of duty cycle it is running. will post results.