Quark high CRI lights available, at long last!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see any high CRI lights there just neutrals.

EDIT: I see it now. Weird - it didn't appear the first time

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your browser had probably cached the page so when you loaded it the first time, it just pulled up what was in the cache instead of DL'ing the newest page info.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome!!!!

Just ordered the 123. It will lego great with my 2x123 and AA body. Just too cool. Now I don't have to worry about whether HDS will ever release one.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome!!!!

Just ordered the 123. I will lego great with my 2x123 and AA body. Just too cool. Now I don't have to worry about whether HDS will ever release one.

Make sure to check the voltage first... IIRC the 123 head is .9v - 4.2v just like the AA and AA^2 heads... if you put it on a 123^2 body with 2xCR123 or 2xRCR123 you'll :poof: your head.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I impulsively pull the trigger on one of these, I want to make sure I'm remembering the emitter characteristics correctly...

The XPG high CRI emitter is warm with a color temp of about 3,000K, right?

I'm still smarting over the lousy beam profile and tint of the 'neutral' Preon 2 I bought a couple weeks ago, and do NOT want to get stuck with another lemon. Literally.

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
I was tempted when I opened the link and then remembered how fustrating I find the standard quark UI. If there were any tactical high CRI I might have jumped, despite my reservations at purchasing any more quark lights.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure to check the voltage first... IIRC the 123 head is .9v - 4.2v just like the AA and AA^2 heads... if you put it on a 123^2 body with 2xCR123 or 2xRCR123 you'll :poof: your head.

Oh, I know. I've been running the 2x123 on 17670's anyway. Just that much more versatility. I love the high cri xpg. I know some people don't like how warm it is, but I love it. This will be my 4th high cri xpg light.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The page is gone now. I wonder if it was a mistake and I ordered vapor ware?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brasso,

Can you tell me what the XPG high CRI tint is like? I know it's warm, but is it more orange, yellow, red, etc.?

I'm really wanting a high CRI light, and I've held off so far... I've been very tempted to get one of the Zebralights and I like the idea of the Rebel it has having a color temp that's closer to what I'm used to in a neutral tint, 4,000K - 4,200K. At the same time, while I know the XPG is warmer in comparison, and I have no problem with that, I just don't want to end up with one and have it be a neon orange or yellow or the like. So any info you can pass along would be appreciated.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened

Don't worry, you're not alone. I think they might have mistakenly put the order pages up and had to pull them back as they weren't really ready? I don't really care though, I'm pretty sure they exist now and they're coming soon. And I can't wait =) This also means there might be hope for tactical UI high CRI quarks to be available!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think they're still getting their site pages in order...

Earlier this morning I was able to do a search on their site for "high CRI" and got results that included a MiniX, Mini AA, Preon 2, etc. specifically labelled as "High CRI" on their product description, with the XPG high CRI emitter, etc.

Now though, the same search reveals only neutral white models, no hits at all for any product listed with any kind of high CRI emitter.

Seems to me that someone on their web development team jumped the gun before they were ready to officially unveil / announce the lights, they got a few orders, realized what had happened, and are now backpedaling to get all their ducks in a row before they have an official announcement.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the lumens factory XP-G high CRI dropin. It's just too red for me. It's noticeably redder and warmer than a decent incandescent. The only neutral High CRI lights I know of is the McGizmo Haiku with nichia 119 (don was able to get special high colour temp ~4900K LEDs) and the sundrop (~5500K).

scintillator

Enlightened
Restricted Area
table_background_specials.gif
pixel_trans.gif
that is where I landedThe page you are trying to view is restricted

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brasso,

Can you tell me what the XPG high CRI tint is like? I know it's warm, but is it more orange, yellow, red, etc.?

I'm really wanting a high CRI light, and I've held off so far... I've been very tempted to get one of the Zebralights and I like the idea of the Rebel it has having a color temp that's closer to what I'm used to in a neutral tint, 4,000K - 4,200K. At the same time, while I know the XPG is warmer in comparison, and I have no problem with that, I just don't want to end up with one and have it be a neon orange or yellow or the like. So any info you can pass along would be appreciated.

The high cri xpg is an exact duplicate of an incandescent light. Same tint. Same color temp. It looks exactly like a Surefire p60 lamp, but floodier.