Question about two older E2e's

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own these two E2e's and wonder which one is older? Any info about these would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure the Round body is older. That is the one on the left in the picture. Those are probably Gun Metal finish.

I have two, you have what looks to be the new logo & clip with holes. I have a new logo with holes on clip & a crosshair with no holes on clip. Crosshair being the older of the two. Just so you can see, there were several variations of them. Hopefully one of the resident vintage E experts can chime in. Just in case I have it wrong. lol
Crosshair example: (This one has a clip with no holes)
2390ED06-C4C6-4CC3-9B98-6408F77CBE60_zpssvtz9mw9.jpg

Newer logo (on a lego I was playing with one day). It came off a round body too.
0CD6834C-8A27-4BBD-85AC-B1E850E75F3F_zpssesx92s4.jpg

Notice the clip & a silver mount stud vs black Allen screw on the older version
EF9129F6-E451-4D43-AE35-34AF3EADB4F8_zpsabkej3un.jpg

BTW: FWIW, I will take those old junky things off your hands for $50 if they are frustrating you too much! LOL!

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! I was wondering how long it would take for offers to come rolling in.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not up on E2Es. The originals were incandescent, weren't they? If so, and you want to think about upgrading to LED, Lumens Factory has one LED drop in that will fit in the E2E, the E1-LED. It will run on one rechargeable Li-Ion cell. All of their other E2E LEDs require that you use their replacement head as well. I assume that is because the modules wouldn't fit into the Surefire head. They also have some nice incandescent drop-ins if one is needed.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
My older one is running a Tana Single TNT drop in. With Dr. Jones driver. Super awesome set up. The shorter Vital body one is running Lumens Factory HO. Both are super fun set ups.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
here's a list I compiled of all the E2 SG styles I found pics of, some were NIP... however, there could have been head swaps, etc....
There was for sure 8 different body variations. Version 1 may not exist, but a 1-cell version does exist...

e2-styles.jpg