Question: For what purpose do you use your high lumen output lights?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Living in the country, I keep one monster light for dealing with animals (predators or cattle). And after living through Katrina, I keep it around for dealing with disasters in the dark, needing to see what the trees are doing in high winds, checking on post-storm damage to roofs/etc.

You can make a monster light work as a small light (if it's multi mode). The reverse does not apply.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a 4000+ lumen light. I can't run with the big dogs yet, I'm still just a puppy, running around waving my pathetically impotent 1500 lumen Fury DFT, or my 1002 lumen 4D ML300L about. The Fury is my flooder, and the ML300L is my thrower. For now. Who knows what I'll end up with some day? Right now I'm "into" throw--can't get enough! Saw a video where a guy made a spot light with a Fresnel lens, and I've got one on an old projection screen TV in storage, so, maybe some day... :) In the meantime, I'll have to settle with watching 007's Goldeneye, and dreaming... :sneaky:

1692373103705.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
....and the ML300L is my thrower. For now. Who knows what I'll end up with some day? Right now I'm "into" throw--can't get enough!
Would it be bragging if I mentioned that my Lumintop Thor 3 arrived in the mail a couple of days ago?

My first LEP. Beam definitely geared for throw.... to a mile and a half!
Obviously, I can't see that far. But I can light it up! :LOL:

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be bragging if I mentioned that my Lumintop Thor 3 arrived in the mail a couple of days ago?
Yes, yes it would. But that's okay, you are among friends here. :)
My first LEP. Beam definitely geared for throw.... to a mile and a half!
Obviously, I can't see that fat. But I can light it up! :LOL:
What fat can you see? ;)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notice to law enforcement and all governments:

The above posts are an attempt at humor, and are not a conspiracy to overthrow any governments.
The US gov are so blatantly and willfully ignorant that the jailed an internet poster that ended a comment with 'loljk' so be careful out there. They teach in school that they descend from monkeys and have laws like ITAR.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my 4,000 lumen lights for sweeping areas and when I walk down the street at night. When I hear a car coming I shine ahead so I look like another car coming and the person usually dims the headlights before they shine on me. I will also shine my high output lights at co-workers messing around in the daylight.

Latest posts