Question regarding the Convoy S11 flashlight and the backlit switch

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
So far, I have been using the Convoy S11 based flashlight for several months, and I do like it.

Glow in the dark switch wasn't too bad, although kind of dim - if you prefer to be able to spot something immediately, I recommend to backlight the switch with a few Gallium Nitride green LEDs. I decided to stick with Tritium vials as I need something more reliable in the pitch darkness, especially during the power outage.

All in all, the Convoy S11 kicks ***.

I have several 26650 Lithium : Iron Phosphate batteries from Bioenno Power as well as cherry-flavored protected 26650 Lithium : Nickel Manganese battery from XTAR to use with this flashlight, and they lasts pretty long due to their huge capacities. With Moonlight mode on 5.2 Amps hour cell, it could last a week, if I guess right, and when it's set to 100% mode, the Nichia 319AT LED gets driven somewhat hard, close to 2 Amps maximum rating (1.9 Amps from five 7135 LED drivers rated for 380mA each), I estimate it to be around 600 - 700 Lumens (I will have to properly test it at some point) which is quite bright.

If you want a DIY eye-scorching monster that also last a long time on a charge, Convoy S11 is completely worth it. The heatsink performance is actually very good on this flashlight, it took a while for the flashlight run at 100% to finally get uncomfortably warm.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited: