Quote of the Year (IMO)

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_20240526_143951039.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
To clarify, I was thinking about lower levels of government when I posted the above. Specifically LEO. 👮‍♂️
SO your statement of fact: "even a little authority sans accountability will always produce tyranny." Doesn't pertain to higher levels of authority?

Do you mean to say that higher levels of authority, with LESS accountability will produce LESS tyranny? Like Hitler and Stalin?

SO your statement of fact: "even a little authority sans accountability will always produce tyranny." Doesn't pertain to higher levels of authority?
I wouldn't state that, nor did I. Nothing even close .... not a hint.

Do you mean to say that higher levels of authority, with LESS accountability will produce LESS tyranny? Like Hitler and Stalin?
Are you drinking? 🍷

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps irony could be described as a cultural twist toward being hate filled mean spirited cry baby sore losers, under the guise of making America great again?
You realize that by calling half the country hate filled mean spirited cry baby losers, you are prejudging over 165 million people you don't know with a hate filled mean spirited attitude. There are many sane reasons for why people don't vote the way you want them to.
1. Forced vaccinations of 100 million workers. We now have vaccine injured people as well as millions of homeless, many who are on drugs.
2. Horrible withdrawal of Afghanistan. Left our people behind. Gave a hit list of our allies in that country to the Taliban. Left 7 billion dollars in weapons and equipment behind for our enemies. My head instructor in martial arts was stationed in Afghanistan (luckily not at that time). I have at least two former students now in the military (probably many more). That withdrawal made me sick and ashamed of our nation for leaving all those behind to their fate at the hands of the Taliban. This made my students less safe by arming our enemies.
3. Gave a list of infrastructure targets to Putin saying those were off limits. You don't tell the enemy where best to hurt you.
4. Destruction of U.S. oil production while enriching Russia and Iran. Gave Iran $6 billion for 5 U.S. hostages. This put a price on American heads for October 7 attacks in Israel. Quietly lifted sanctions on Iranian oil which lead to funding October 7 attacks.
4. Gave Iranian Envoy administrative leave after he copied top secret documents and electronically sent them to Iran. This is called treason. You don't give traitors administrative leave and let them quietly escape to Iran, unless you are a traitor too.
5. Destruction of U.S. dollar by targeting main political opponent making us a banana republic, targeting our allies with sanctions who do business with Russia (they got out of trading with U.S. dollar and into China's trade system). Nobody buying our debt means higher inflation. Driving up debt by illegally giving free money to pay off student loans, violating Supreme Court decision.
6. Letting DEI destroy our students' minds so no employer will ever hire an Ivy League college graduate.
7. Destroying women's rights by letting boys say they are girls, then rape the girls in the girls' bathrooms.
8. Letting the ATF change the rules to make anyone who sells a gun have to be considered a gun dealer (who has to be put in a gun registry). Anyone who sells a gun, without the license, and not in the registry likely gets killed in a predawn raid where they shoot to kill. Just ask Brian Malinowski. Oh, sorry, you can't because they killed him.
9. Held back weapons from Israel that they had already paid for in advance (treaty violation) during wartime to force a change in how that sovereign nation conducts it's actions.
10. Destroyed the reputation of New York worldwide as a safe place to conduct business and made our judicial system the laughing stock of the world.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Allowing humans even a little authority sans accountability will always produce tyranny.
- CG
No sir:
When you made the above statement "humans are given even a little authority sans accountability will always produce tyranny." you inferred that those with greater authority without accountability will always produce tyranny, even greater than those with little authority.

That's when I asked about your position on Presidential immunity. Afterall, that's what this discussion is about. So be honest. Do you think that we should change the definition of Democracy such that we should elect a person who says "I would be a dictator for day one", "Maybe there will be a three term president", and "that a president should have absolute immunity!" When his legal team was questioned, "if the president ordered Seal Team Six to go in and take out a political opponent, that would be ok?" The short answer was YES.

Oh yeah, where is Navaldy?

It's funny that you should ask If I had been drinking, when I was going to ask you the same question, but restrained myself.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I am an Eisenhower republican that understands the justifiable disgust many (more than 50%) have towards the behavior of blue donkeys. But no way am I going to get some red elephant airplane glue and sniff it.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
No sir:
When you made the above statement "humans are given even a little authority sans accountability will always produce tyranny." you inferred that those with greater authority without accountability will always produce tyranny, even greater than those with little authority.

That's when I asked about your position on Presidential immunity. Afterall, that's what this discussion is about. So be honest. Do you think that we should change the definition of Democracy such that we should elect a person who says "I would be a dictator for day one", "Maybe there will be a three term president", and "that a president should have absolute immunity!" When his legal team was questioned, "if the president ordered Seal Team Six to go in and take out a political opponent, that would be ok?" The short answer was YES.

Oh yeah, where is Navaldy?

It's funny that you should ask If I had been drinking, when I was going to ask you the same question, but restrained myself.
I do not believe if a president ordered Seal Team Six to go in and take out a political opponent, that would be okay. We agree on something. How about the F.B.I.? Please read Mar-a-Lago search warrant for President Trump authorizing the use of deadly force.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You realize that by calling half the country hate filled mean spirited cry baby losers, you are prejudging over 165 million people you don't know with a hate filled mean spirited attitude. There are many sane reasons for why people don't vote the way you want them to.
1. Forced vaccinations of 100 million workers. We now have vaccine injured people as well as millions of homeless, many who are on drugs.
Yes we may have vaccine injured people, but we also have many unvaccinated DEAD people.

Do you have a solution for the homeless and those who are on drugs?
How about one that won't cost money?

2. Horrible withdrawal of Afghanistan. Left our people behind. Gave a hit list of our allies in that country to the Taliban. Left 7 billion dollars in weapons and equipment behind for our enemies. My head instructor in martial arts was stationed in Afghanistan (luckily not at that time). I have at least two former students now in the military (probably many more). That withdrawal made me sick and ashamed of our nation for leaving all those behind to their fate at the hands of the Taliban. This made my students less safe by arming our enemies.
I agree that it was a terrible intelligence failure. The same intelligence network that Trump relied upon. It failed us. The Afghans failed us. They were supposed to fight after we left. They didn't. We left equipment for them to use to fight with, and they didn't.

3. Gave a list of infrastructure targets to Putin saying those were off limits. You don't tell the enemy where best to hurt you.
No.... they are targets... if you hit them, we will came back at you with a vengeance. You have to lay down some RED lines. We don't want to go into global annihilation.
4. Destruction of U.S. oil production while enriching Russia and Iran. Gave Iran $6 billion for 5 U.S. hostages. This put a price on American heads for October 7 attacks in Israel. Quietly lifted sanctions on Iranian oil which lead to funding October 7 attacks.
No... we released some of THEIR frozen assets, with conditions that it is to be used for humanitarian relief. It was to be monitored by an international committee.

4. Gave Iranian Envoy administrative leave after he copied top secret documents and electronically sent them to Iran. This is called treason. You don't give traitors administrative leave and let them quietly escape to Iran, unless you are a traitor too.
IDK about this so i can't comment. But considering the above...
5. Destruction of U.S. dollar by targeting main political opponent making us a banana republic, targeting our allies with sanctions who do business with Russia (they got out of trading with U.S. dollar and into China's trade system). Nobody buying our debt means higher inflation. Driving up debt by illegally giving free money to pay off student loans, violating Supreme Court decision.
The US has the lowest inflation rate among the advanced nations in the world.
Covid is the cause.
Both Trump and Biden tried to ease the hardship on the national population by giving free money, between them they increased the National debt by something like 7 trillion dollars. THIS is what lead to inflation.
6. Letting DEI destroy our students' minds so no employer will ever hire an Ivy League college graduate.
Give me a break
7. Destroying women's rights by letting boys say they are girls, then rape the girls in the girls' bathrooms.
This sounds like bull crap to me.
8. Letting the ATF change the rules to make anyone who sells a gun have to be considered a gun dealer (who has to be put in a gun registry). Anyone who sells a gun, without the license, and not in the registry likely gets killed in a predawn raid where they shoot to kill. Just ask Brian Malinowski. Oh, sorry, you can't because they killed him.
no comment, I'm not familiar with the story
9. Held back weapons from Israel that they had already paid for in advance (treaty violation) during wartime to force a change in how that sovereign nation conducts it's actions.
No NOT a treaty violation.
They are NOT allowed to use US supplied weapons in violation of international law.
Apparently the international court found evidence that Israel is in violation of international law and have subpoenaed their Prime Minister.
10. Destroyed the reputation of New York worldwide as a safe place to conduct business and made our judicial system the laughing stock of the world.
Safe to pay brides, or "Cook the books"? Maybe as Rudy Giuliani came down on the crime bosses, there was a decrease in organized crime; perhaps there will be a decrease in organized white collar crime.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I do not believe if a president ordered Seal Team Six to go in and take out a political opponent, that would be okay. We agree on something. How about the F.B.I.? Please read Mar-a-Lago search warrant for President Trump authorizing the use of deadly force.
The authorization of the use of deadly force is standard operating procedure.
The X-President's location is known -at all times- He is protected by the secret service. He was not even in the state of Florida at the times when the search warrant was initiated.

HOF, as a CPF brother and friend, if you don't want to sound like a fool, get your information from other sources than MTG's mouth.

No sir:
I inferred no such opinion. However, I agree with your extrapolation.

That's when I asked about your position on Presidential immunity. Afterall, that's what this discussion is about.
I was not thinking about presidential immunity when I posted #79. I made my thinking and intention clear in post #86. If you want to revisit that topic, Presidential immunity, feel free. However, I will not be drawn down your rabbit hole.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I inferred no such opinion. However, I agree with your extrapolation.

I was not thinking about presidential immunity when I posted #79. I made my thinking and intention clear in post #86. If you want to revisit that topic, Presidential immunity, feel free. However, I will not be drawn down your rabbit hole.
Oh... Trump's Presidential absolute immunity is indefensible! I get it.... I agree!!!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The authorization of the use of deadly force is standard operating procedure.
The X-President's location is known -at all times- He is protected by the secret service. He was not even in the state of Florida at the times when the search warrant was initiated.

HOF, as a CPF brother and friend, if you don't want to sound like a fool, get your information from other sources than MTG's mouth.
If Biden wanted this as standard operating procedure, he wouldn't have sent in the F.B.I. in plain clothes instead of uniforms to square off against the Secret Service. Trump's lawyers wouldn't have been left outside in the cold during the search and ordered to turn the security cameras off (destroying chain of custody for documents), the F.B.I. wouldn't have gone in with folders marked classified to put papers in to stage for pictures (later revealed by Judge Cannon and evidence tampering admitted by Jack Smith), and pictures of Melania's and Baron's dresser drawers wouldn't have been used as evidence other than sending a message to Trump that Biden can get to his family.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes we may have vaccine injured people, but we also have many unvaccinated DEAD people.
Stop firing heathy hospital workers who refuse to vaccinate. Do you have any idea how long it takes to train and replace nurses and doctors? You get more dead people from the lack of workers than you do from patients in the long run.
Do you have a solution for the homeless and those who are on drugs?

How about one that won't cost money?
Stop giving them free needles, crack pipes, and booze. San Francisco has blown $5 million a year giving free alcohol to a handful of homeless people. They use nurses as bartenders. How about we put the nurses back in hospitals.
I agree that it was a terrible intelligence failure. The same intelligence network that Trump relied upon. It failed us. The Afghans failed us. They were supposed to fight after we left. They didn't. We left equipment for them to use to fight with, and they didn't.
Trump would have evacuated the civilians first, not the soldiers. Trump would have had remaining equipment blown up before leaving. Trump would have evacuated from Bagram Air Force Base which was more secure than the airport. Trump wouldn't have had the Taliban be part of the evacuation process, giving them intelligence on all of our people, contractors, and allies so they had a hit list. Most importantly, Trump wouldn't have set a hard deadline to get out and announced it so the Taliban knew when to move in and the Afghanistan soldiers helping us wouldn't lose heart and run knowing the second we were about to leave them, forcing a speedy evacuation.
No.... they are targets... if you hit them, we will came back at you with a vengeance. You have to lay down some RED lines. We don't want to go into global annihilation.
Tell me, how effective is Biden saying "Don't" to our enemies going so far?
No... we released some of THEIR frozen assets, with conditions that it is to be used for humanitarian relief. It was to be monitored by an international committee.
Those assets ($6 billion) are in Qatar, probably where a lot of rich terrorists are hanging out. All the oil money from the sanctions they got around has made them way more than the $6 billion.
No NOT a treaty violation.
They are NOT allowed to use US supplied weapons in violation of international law.
Apparently the international court found evidence that Israel is in violation of international law and have subpoenaed their Prime Minister.
The ICC has equivocated Hamas' actions with Israel's. Under their own rules, if a nation has it's own democratically elected justice system, that nation makes it's own determination of guilt or innocence. They can go after Hamas as a terrorist organization (though technically elected), but not Israel. Plus you have to be a member of the ICC for them to take legal action against your nation. Israel is not a member. They are violating their own rules.