R.I.P ARC Forum. ..a dark day in CPF History

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I am in no way whining about the ARC forum closure- I just would like to give the many old timers her on CPF a chance to say goodbye and pay their respects to ARC if they wish to do so.
Unforgiven- thanks for placing some of the old threads somewhere else so they are not lost for good.

You will be missed by many ARC/Peter G.
So much History.....hope you were not Wal-Marted out of existence.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/265361

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a fine example of the normal ebb and flow in the flashlight industry. These things happen.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
While that is true, I'll miss the company I knew as Arc. Over the years, I've probably owned a half dozen Arc lights, and a AAA sits in my pocket as I write. The company, and Peter, have been overwhlemingly positive memories along my flashaholic journey. I haven't had much contact with them in the past year or two.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez Louise!!! Arc was my first LED love - The one Arc +4 led ( sorry ) to a caseful of LS, LSH, LSP, AA and AAA's plus numerous battery packs etc. I am very sad to see them relegated as just another flashlight company on these forums.

Peter has always been the guiding light ( I keep doing it! ) in discussions of one of my favourite torches. I hope he continues to post from time to time.

Anybody know if he's still involved in Arc, or if Arc is even continuing as a company? I know that my dealings with them over the last few months have been unsatisfying to say the least! But I'll leave the details until my situation is resolved, one way or another.

Good luck to them all - looking on the bright side ( last one...really! ) still amongst the greatest lights I have ever owned or seen in these hallowed forums.

For posterity's sake - a blast from the past...

1411895530_47c5f6490a_o.jpg

Look at them beauties!!!!!!!!!!

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Nyctophiliac, thanks for sharing! That's a great photo!

Farewell to the Arc Forum. Thanks for the cool lights. Great stuff.

Peter and Merri, wishing you all the best.

T&R

nbp

Flashaholic
This is a sad day. :mecry:

I unfortunately have not been here long enough to see the first Arc lights and watch their development over the years, but my Arc-P was one of my first purchases after joining CPF in 2007, with some help from Carpe Diem and other Arc fans. I still think it's a fantastic light, and I will be keeping the P and my AAA-turquoise for years to come.

I hope that Peter stays around here anyways; I think his knowlege of electronics and LEDs and general design and manufacturing is invaluable to the forum. And I hope people don't forget about what useful little lights the Arcs are now, just because they don't have their own forum.

Arc, I for one will keep an eye on your website, and look forward to some interesting innovations in the future. :thumbsup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Oh well. I guess the writing has been on the wall some time now. I still consider my LSL and AA to be in the cream of my crop, and the AAA that's been with me for seven years will continue to reside on the keychain. It will likely outlast me.

Geoff

greenLED

Flashaholic
A few pics to celebrate what once was the world's leading flashilight company:

On the left, a green LED Arc AAA, originally with black HA and gifted to me by tvodrd. It's been on my keychain since 2001. The ther one is the first ArcAAA I ever modded (also seen brutal abuse on my wife's keychain, until a recent retirement - the light, not my wife) . The small light under the AAAs is actually a cut-down and rethreaded (to fit CR2) light, made by tvodrd:

Part of my collection - I used to have a variety of other tails and bodies, but have slowly gotten rid of them:

IMG_0946.jpg

...and the greatest of them all, the one that started this madness, the Arc LS. This particular one comes from the very last batch of Arc LSs that were ever sold:

DSCN0981.jpg

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
...and the greatest of them all, the one that started this madness, the Arc LS. This particular one comes from the very last batch of Arc LSs that were ever sold:

Well said...madness it is...where LEDs are obsolete almost as soon as they roll out........all in the name of progress.

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
This is sad! My first "real" CPF influenced light was an ARC LS, and I have had a soft spot for the LS series ever since. It reminds me of a simpler time of flashlight lovers....

Too bad, but there will always be ARC fans...