Ra Clicky Executive vs Novatac 120E

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
$99 plus free battery caddy and 4 batteries here:

http://batterystation.com/hdsedcexecutive.htm

I believe shipping has been a bit high there lately unless this changed very recently. I paid about $15 for shipping on a Ra there and unfortunately didn't know it was that much until the deal was done. At the time that Ra was about $189 so some of the charges may have been insurance. While I like dealing with Kevin at batterystation the shipping should be specified ahead of time so there are no surprises and it would be nice to see a bit lower shipping cost. If it's running that high on a $99 light then you have just added 15% to the cost.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
$89.00 for that Novatac 120E is a great price.I just paid $102.00 for a 120T and thought that was ok.I find the light it self to be very nice.

bansuri

Enlightened
I believe shipping has been a bit high there lately unless this changed very recently. I paid about $15 for shipping on a Ra there and unfortunately didn't know it was that much until the deal was done. At the time that Ra was about $189 so some of the charges may have been insurance. While I like dealing with Kevin at batterystation the shipping should be specified ahead of time so there are no surprises and it would be nice to see a bit lower shipping cost. If it's running that high on a $99 light then you have just added 15% to the cost.
Mine was $108.20 shipped from BatteryStation.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update - I've had my 120E for about a week now and I love it. It is just a bit 'fatter' than I wish it was, but the surface is great for digging it out of a pocket. I keep it on me at all times - and I love the interface. Absolutely love it. 1 click - a nice low that has a nice wide spot - although the flood is a bit too 'defined' for me - I like the way a Surefire floods... click - press - on high, and darn bright for such a light. click - click click - on medium - click click click - a very useful and bright strobe.

Well made and heavy for its size and I like mine without the pocket clip. Using an AW RCR123 and it is working well.

FWIW -

I got a closeout deal on a Wolf Eyes Angel C - I'll compare it when it comes. Heck, maybe someday I'll join in with beamshots!
Update - there's a reason why the deal on the little Wolf Eyes light. IMHO it isn't in the same ballpark as the NT, but then again, it cost half as much.

Last edited:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE my 120e, carried it exclusively for almost 2 years now. I did just order a D10 R2 to play with a AA light again, cuz lately the novatac has been feeling a bit fat in my pocket, and i am not huge on my L1D anymore :)

It will still make the rotation tho' it's a tank that has survived everything I've thrown at it with 0 issues.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update -
I got a closeout deal on a Wolf Eyes Angel C - I'll compare it when it comes. Heck, maybe someday I'll join in with beamshots!

Update - the Angel Eyes C came - I realize it was less than half the money, but there's no comparison. It's a great, bright little light with a nice holster and lanyard, but the 120E blows it away in all respects. Although my wife is thrilled with the Angel Eyes for her purse - and it would definitely be effective at temporarily blinding someone out to do harm.

If the Ra Clicky is better than the little Novatac, I gotta have one!