RA clicky executive vs. ?

batmanacw

Enlightened
Re: force setting?

Although you aren't likely to accidently reprogram your light, it isn't that difficult to accidentally change your settings. All it takes is a click-click-press to increase the light level of your current setting. But a quick click-click-press again will decrease it. So it isn't as if you will have a hard time putting it back the way you liked it.

I really like how easy it is to change the light levels because I can easily change it while I am using it.

You need to disable reprogramming. It details it in the manual, but doesn't really explain it well. You have to use the programming menu. Option 6 if I remember.

I enabled it to change the settings. Now disable it. Problem solved.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
For less than $200, you could get a Ra 170. I don't believe that you can do better than the Ra and would highly recommend that you try it out. After you get the Ra, go ahead and shell out some more cash for a Surefire LX2.

Another thread rises from the dead! Been using a HDS 140GT Twisty and a SF LX2 for the last 3 days. LX2 is going back to SF. It is a very nice light, but the HDS is superb! Also was able to use a SF A2L Avaitor a couple of weeks ago and the HDS light still comes out on top IMHO. I think I see a HDS 170 in my future. :twothumbs

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thread rises from the dead! Been using a HDS 140GT Twisty and a SF LX2 for the last 3 days. LX2 is going back to SF. It is a very nice light, but the HDS is superb! Also was able to use a SF A2L Avaitor a couple of weeks ago and the HDS light still comes out on top IMHO. I think I see a HDS 170 in my future. :twothumbs

I am puzzled. Why would you return the LX2? The LX2 and Ra are 2 different class of lights. LX2 is a darn good throw light with very superb KISS UI whereas the Ra is a vey good floodlight that covers most of the work needed. Both cannot replace each other and they coexist with each other very well. For EDC, I always have the LX2 and Ra Clicky in my pockets.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
I am puzzled. Why would you return the LX2? The LX2 and Ra are 2 different class of lights. LX2 is a darn good throw light with very superb KISS UI whereas the Ra is a vey good floodlight that covers most of the work needed. Both cannot replace each other and they coexist with each other very well. For EDC, I always have the LX2 and Ra Clicky in my pockets.

HDS 140GT is just a better all around light than the LX2 for my needs. I really wonder about the thermal management on the SF on high for long periods of time, sucker gets HOT! The wife who knows 0 about flashlights likes the HDS much better also, tint color is so much better than the SF. But what does she know, she also has no understanding of my lust for this;

9674-2005-Lotus-Elise.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hobbs,

When a light gets hot fast, there are only two reasons. The first being that the LED is overdriven for maximum output which is very bad for the light's lifespan. The second one being the heat sinking is very good which allows the heat to dissipate from the LED unit fast enough just to keep the LED cool.

Surefire has never been known to overdrive their lights so the only reason the LX2 feels hot fast is because the heat sink is very efficient in transferring the heat away from the LED unit which is very good.

As for me, I love both the Ra clicky and the LX2, and my silver E1B as well.

Latest posts