Ra Clicky Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I am certain more than a few of us would be willing to accept that trade-off. Perhaps the addition of a sapphire lens as an option?

How about a sapphire coated Ultra Clear Lens? You would get the best of both options, the higher transmission of the UCL and the scratch resistance of the sapphire coating.

Even better might be a Diamond Like Coating (DLC) or the coating used on Blu-Ray discs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durabis). If you search the web, you can find videos of people unsuccessfully trying to scratch the discs with steel wool and house keys.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Screw fillers are available.
They are small hex screws that screw in to fill the holes.
They stay flush with the body.

Would these come with the torch? Sounds like something you would want to probably threadlock in place. This sounds workable but I would much prefer it be the newer low profile Novatac clip style.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would these come with the torch? Sounds like something you would want to probably threadlock in place. This sounds workable but I would much prefer it be the newer low profile Novatac clip style.

No threadlock needed at all, nice and snug. I carried an HDS like this once for 6 months and they never budged.

I can't wait to see the new clip. If it's something I dont feel good about, the screw type clip gives modders here at CPF more options when it comes to making custom clips.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the TN might be twisties, but I don't think so....I would LOVE to know the answer, as I am on the list for a GT, but might reconsider for a throwier model!!!

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tn are most probably like the Twisty Tr versions in terms of used LED. These use ultra-reliable Osram Dragon LEDs, they throw very well and have a red low output mode. The tint is more on the cool side, but I have never perceived it as blue, more like cold white.

I like the clicky, soooo tempting.... I'll wait for first reviews, I want to know how reliable the tailcap is.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I will be getting the Ra-120-Tn.

I prefer the throw of the narrower beam...
:twothumbs:twothumbs They look freakin AMAZING :twothumbs:twothumbs

Henry, thank you my friend!

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
"May be customized for special applications to include momentary operation, automatic shut-off, button lock, locator flash, burst output, disorienting strobe, emergency strobe signaling and emergency SOS signaling."

This just made more questions than answers!!

I'm So Freaking Excited though... Burst output?? That's exactly what i was hoping to read!
:party:

Last edited:

paxxus

Enlightened
"May be customized for special applications to include momentary operation, automatic shut-off, button lock, locator flash, burst output, disorienting strobe, emergency strobe signaling and emergency SOS signaling."
YESSS :thumbsup:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh huh. Is that the special secret Henry alluded too? I haven't used the work AWESOME in a while....this is friggen AWESOME.

WASF

Newly Enlightened
"GT stands for Guaranteed Tint. The color tint of these LEDs will lie close to the Planckian black body radiator line in the range of 0.30 to 0.33 on the x-coordinate on the CIE-1931 Chromaticity Diagram. "

Can somebody help me understand ....:shrug:
Thanks WASF

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
"GT stands for Guaranteed Tint. The color tint of these LEDs will lie close to the Planckian black body radiator line in the range of 0.30 to 0.33 on the x-coordinate on the CIE-1931 Chromaticity Diagram. "

Can somebody help me understand ....:shrug:
Thanks WASF

It just means the tint will be white as white can be, i.e. not verging towards cool (blue/purple) or warm (yellow/green).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts