Re-modded cutdown Mag 1D

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened
...and to demonstrate that no one who raves about your excellent handiwork with hand tools is exaggerating, I want to point something out. When I found this inside the light...
hand-tooledreflectoredge.jpg

...I was sure that whoever modded it before me had a lathe. Either that, or the reflector never had threads to begin with. (Sorry, jaybiz, I meant to return the reflector to you with the light in case you had other use for it and I forgot to put it in the box.)

You did a nicer job on a part that isn't even exposed after the light is assembled than probably any of the stuff I've showcased on CPF, using the same tools.

Maybe the same condition that makes it difficult for you to learn new stuff also makes it hard to remember what's really impressive about your creations.

To prove I'm not just blowing smoke, I'll allow my own handiwork to appear side by side with your clearly superior craftsmanship. Yours on the left, mine on the right. (I use the same bit by the way):
rotarytoolwork.jpg
Ok, ok, if you are using a multi speed rotary tool, just turn the speed down to where it does not bog when you are just making a fine/shallow pass. You're just in too much of a hurry to get it done. Youth...:)

Yes I know that my use of hand tools is good. It has always been that way for me. I didn't have to learn it when I was young, I just did it and it felt natural to me. Anyone can learn, if they can comprehend and retain information, but feeling natural to it is what seperates....... well, that's enough of that. You do not need to say any more. I unnerstand. If I was in my right mind, I might have never felt so bad to begin with, but that mind left a while back and didn't bother to leave a forwarding address.:eek:oo:

At this point I know that I do not want to complete any more lights on my own, but I also do not want to venture into any kind of partnership either. It is nothing against you and you have been very gracious in your replies. I believe you are genuine, but I just want to let things rest for a while. I have already put the empty hosts that I had made my cosmetic mods to, in a sale post at BLF. If they don't sell I probably will add them here for a while too.

If and when I do go forward, I will keep your offer in mind and again, my thanks for all that everyone has written.

Al Combs

Enlightened
And finally, a demonstration video of the drive currents:

[youtube;W7qmba3TCKg]
I'm not sure which thread to post this in, this one or Old-Lumens' build thread. The regulator you used Techjunkie, was it KD-S020073? The picture in the Old-Lumens thread is of the older type ShiningBeam has been selling for quite a while. But he gives a review on KD's site for this newer version with 'Moon' mode. A 7135 with 10mA output in low mode makes more sense to me than the 5-10% low mode version everyone else has been selling. I just want to make sure I get the right thing. TIA.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
I'm not sure which thread to post this in, this one or Old-Lumens' build thread. The regulator you used Techjunkie, was it KD-S020073? The picture in the Old-Lumens thread is of the older type ShiningBeam has been selling for quite a while. But he gives a review on KD's site for this newer version with 'Moon' mode. A 7135 with 10mA output in low mode makes more sense to me than the 5-10% low mode version everyone else has been selling. I just want to make sure I get the right thing. TIA.
That's the new KD V2 3.0A regulator with 8 380mA AMC7135 chips stacked with a 1.4A regulator with 4 350mA AMC7135 chips.