Reason #1,427,954 to Lanyard Your Lights!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
<< "After use and before flush." >>

Think of it this way. One "after use" product is actually sterile to begin with, the other is not. You had a 50-50 chance of being "lucky," so to speak. Beyond that, all I can say us.....

:eeew:

It was the sterile after-use product. Had it been the un-sterile one I would have flushed and let it go. I'd be buying another X1 and holding a funeral for the old one. :mecry:The X1 DID have a lanyard attached(Which I replaced.), I just wasn't using it. The light received a thorough scrubbing, a new paracord lanyard, and grip tape. I won't be mouth-holding it, but I never did before either.

So folks, learn from me. Put lanyards on your lights and use them! :buddies:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just don't put the old one for sell at "CPFMarketPlace":sssh::eek::D

Can't believe you guys are scared of a little bit of human feces, much less dilute human urine. ;>

Guess you've never changed a messy diaper or done anything major with a sewer line or a septic tank.

What's a descriptive term for a plumber who bites his nails?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thankfully this has not happened to me yet, but if it did I'd rescue the light even if it were the worse of the 2 possibilities... just a scrub and it'll be clean again. Sure it's horrible to do but would you rather give up your light? >_<

Valolammas

Enlightened
Can't believe you guys are scared of a little bit of human feces, much less dilute human urine. ;>

Guess you've never changed a messy diaper or done anything major with a sewer line or a septic tank.

+1 to that. After an old incontinent dog and almost 10 months of changing diapers (and we don't use the disposable kind either) that doesn't sound like a big deal, even if it had been the non-sterile stuff. Just rinse it off and it's good to go. Sterilize with a blowtorch if you must.

Still, sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a headlamp!

prof

Enlightened
After 2 kids, this seems like a minor issue to me.

EDITED--someone might read my post while eating...was about an experience with my little boy, overflowing diapers, curtains, his upset stomach, and my sudden need for THREE clean shirts within about 5 minutes...

I love both of my kids.

GreySave

Enlightened
<< someone might read my post while eating...was about an experience with my little boy, overflowing diapers, curtains, his upset stomach, and my sudden need for THREE clean shirts within about 5 minutes... >>

And people ask me why we never had children.........:)

firefly99

Enlightened
A slip, a splash, and into the bowl it went. My X1 had ventured where no flashlight had gone before. I am not the squeamish sort, so after a semi-smothered oath I reached in and retrieved it.
By the way, what is the serial number of this X1 ?

Any chance of you putting this light on the net for sale ? Please give us advance notice to evacuate the net.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now you have at least one "crappy" light. Sorry I couldn't resist the pun!

This is why I never borrow tools from a plumber...