Rebel LED lights

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont put too much hope in a "warm" output, just because the light uses a Rebel.

Last year I bought 2 pcs. of an 1 AA Rebel light form DX. One was very nice and warm, the other one had the worst blue tint I have ever seen.
Seems its still Luxeon lottery (at least with cheap lights)
:(

Brad

Newly Enlightened
Does it have to be a Rebel or are you just looking for a warm tint? If you are, then you may want to take a look at the Dorcy 120 lumen 6 watt 3aaa.

Here is a thread about it with beam shots.

I bought one a few weeks ago and really like the warm tint it has. It is quite bright too. I think it cost around $35 or so. I got it at Target.

My beam pattern looked a little weird though so I took a piece of Scotchbrite and scuffed up the lens a bit. Now it looks fine to me.

Brad

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it have to be a Rebel or are you just looking for a warm tint? If you are, then you may want to take a look at the Dorcy 120 lumen 6 watt 3aaa.

Here is a thread about it with beam shots.

I bought one a few weeks ago and really like the warm tint it has. It is quite bright too. I think it cost around $35 or so. I got it at Target.

My beam pattern looked a little weird though so I took a piece of Scotchbrite and scuffed up the lens a bit. Now it looks fine to me.

Brad

Ok thanks I am looking not necessarily only at Rebel but warm like the Rebel with no halo rings either.Preferably uses CR123

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
dont put too much hope in a "warm" output, just because the light uses a Rebel.

Last year I bought 2 pcs. of an 1 AA Rebel light form DX. One was very nice and warm, the other one had the worst blue tint I have ever seen.
Seems its still Luxeon lottery (at least with cheap lights)
:(

Yea we found that out in my Rebel LED EOS headlamp review. The two I have a 4-mode and 2-mode EOS 2 has tints that are nicer than my Q5 lights but the lottery is still on going. One is very warm the other warmer than my Apex but not like the 4-mode. Another person said they got the feared and hated nasty green tint. I think there is some beam shots in the thread for people to look at. Check out the headlamp section. Still that EOS beam is so nice. Don't know if all Rebels have a nice beam and I never found the Cree bad in the real world. I just like the mix of flood and throw of the EOS and maybe this is more to do with the optics

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Inova, their new MP lights ie the T1-MP use the Rebel's big brother, the TFFC K2, the T1-MP is about 50 bucks, 100 lumens and has a pretty good rep on here for it's warm wall of light.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Inova, their new MP lights ie the T1-MP use the Rebel's big brother, the TFFC K2, the T1-MP is about 50 bucks, 100 lumens and has a pretty good rep on here for it's warm wall of light.

I am a big fan of Inova but don't have a MP yet believe I will look into one now thankyou.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big fan of Inova but don't have a MP yet believe I will look into one now thankyou.

No problemo, search here on CPF, there are some really good threads on the T1-MP, including one comparing it to the venerable Surefire L4.

Brad

Newly Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken, It's the 2008 version that uses the warmer chip. The older model uses the cooler one. Some sites are still selling the older model.

Good luck,

Brad

krazy89

Enlightened
hmm.... i'm surprised no one has mentioned the D10/EX10 Golden Dragon + versions here....

GDP+ has a pretty good beam profile... and the tint on them is usually a lil bit warmer than Q5's...

I don't think 4sevens has anymore of them tho... but i'm sure there's gonna be some on the Marketplace... just have to be patient to snag one....

oh... u might wanna try russ (CPF id: russtang) from uniquetitanium.... i think he might have some left...

however... they are a lil bit over your budget of $40 tho....

KraZy

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm.... i'm surprised no one has mentioned the D10/EX10 Golden Dragon + versions here....

GDP+ has a pretty good beam profile... and the tint on them is usually a lil bit warmer than Q5's...

I don't think 4sevens has anymore of them tho... but i'm sure there's gonna be some on the Marketplace... just have to be patient to snag one....

oh... u might wanna try russ (CPF id: russtang) from uniquetitanium.... i think he might have some left...

however... they are a lil bit over your budget of $40 tho....

KraZy

I just got a EX R2 but today I ordered the Extreme Golden Dragon. I actually had the Extreme R2 on pre-order at 4sevens but it has been delayed again untill March 10, so I called and 4sevens was great about changing my order to the GD. Thankyou again 4sevens!