Recommend me 2-AA battery led flaslight. No fenix please!

carrot

Flashaholic
All of the aforementioned lights will work with regular AA batteries. The Rogue II sitting on my desk has seen loads of use since I picked one up a week ago, and it has regular Duracells in it...

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am looking for a light that will work with regular AA batteries

Most if not all AA lights works with alkaline batteries, but they will have a very short runtime at full power. The only way to fix that, is to buy a less bright light, alkaline can simply not supply enough power for a bright light for very long time.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
I can guarantee you that this beauty is coming out very soon.

SFE2L-AA-1.jpg

My source at a optical gun-sight maker, who deals with Surefire, tells me release date will be 3rd quarter 2010. I hope it's sooner.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
Wait for the upcoming SureFire Outdoorsman 2xAA...

I wouldn't wait on any soon to be released Surefire model. Their glossy catalog is legendary for vaporware. I'm willing to be wrong though.

2xAA I'd give the Eagletac P20A2 MK II a try. I really like my P100A2 XP-E Q5, and the P20A2 MK II looks even better. For a 2xAA that should be available to most folks locally the Mini Maglite LED multi-mode is not bad at all. I have several, and like them alot. Not super bright, but very usable beam, and output choices.

Olef

Newly Enlightened
I have an Eagletac P20A2 here and a Dereelight Javelin with XP-G dropin. Using LSD NiMH in both.

P20A2 is a nice light and surprisingly throwy due to its deep smooth reflector. Downside is, and it appears that the newer MkII models suffer this as well, is that there is a distinct hole in the hotspot - sort of a warmer, less illuminated area.

Dereelight Javelin XP-G is very very nice. Double O rings at every joint, flawless hotspot, very well made, very comfortable to hold. Loads of light off 2xAA and takes an extender for 3xAA. P60 drop-in so can be easily upgraded when newer emitters are released. Extremely good value and highly recommended :)

Olef

Last edited:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Streamlight 2AA ProPolymer $18.45. I perfer mine in yellow, but they also have it in black.

Battery2 AA alkaline, includedDimensions6.25" longLamp Type0.5 watt high-flux LEDLight Output25 lumensWeight w/ Batteries3.5 ouncesRun Time18 hoursSafety RatingUL Listed Class I Div 2; Class II Div 2; Class III T4C

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_2AA_LED_ProPolymer_Flashlight.php

My .02 FWIW YMMV

CandleLightPower

Newly Enlightened
I found this thread very useful! Thanks.

I wanted something brighter than the OP, but the heads up on Quarks was good.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
a 2xAA Surefire?

Why are they working away from the CR123-only trend?

Because there are some of us who would love to have Surefire quality/hype in a AA version. I have been places in the world, off the beaten path, where I would not be comfortable with a CR123 light only.
2cents.gif

jugornot

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't trade anything for my TK20's, but my Javelin is a very nice light and much more customizable. I'm glad I don't have to choose between them. I also have 2 Romisen RC-N3 II Cree Q5 and an ITP C8R all of which are not as nice as the others. I am pretty much set on the aa form factor.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
x2 on the 2AA SF-E2L.

I just got the 2xCR123 E2L and its a killer little light. Dont let the Lume numbers/specs fool you. My version E2L is Spec'd at 60 Lumens, Bigchelis measured it at 110 Lumens in his sphere, and it was ruler flat-regulated and remain fixed at 110 throughout the test run.

Outdoors its a thrower (IMHO). Not a spot beam, but more like a ice cream sugar cone. Keeping up with my lights that measure in the ~130L range. I expect great performance out of the new 2AA version.

The Romisn RC-N3-Q5-II should be on your list too. Its a simple 2-mode, forward clicky.

I generally am not a 2AA fan, but that could change soon.

Last edited: