Recommend me a P60 drop-in w/ best combination of hotspot size and lux

recDNA

Flashaholic
It's funny, to me the only self defense light is one attached to a Glock.

Noctis

Enlightened
It's funny, to me the only self defense light is one attached to a Glock.
I prefer my Emerson Wave Opener CQC Super 7. Mostly because the term "hardened criminal" only describes shoplifters and people who break into your homes here in Hawaii.

With that said, location is everything. Mine simply means that I'm one of the few who can fantasize about using a light for "self-defense" without dying for it.

mn_doggie

Newly Enlightened
Well let me put it this way. I have two P60 drop ins. BOTH are Dereelight XP-G's. I like it THAT much. The new Solarforce may beat it for total lumens but I love the combo of throw and spill that the Dereelight gives. .......

I just got my single mode Dereelight XP-G today. I already had the 3 mode. When I read about the Solarforce 1.5 amp P60 I regretted buying the Dereelight. Now that I have it I do not. ....

I wish I had the Solarforce just to compare them. Hard to believe it looks brighter. If anybody has both I'd love to see comparison beamshots.

Do you remember the Model number on the Solarforce drop in?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it's called the XPG R5 1 Mode LED P60 Drop-In, sold in this sales thread.

There was some XP-G in the Dealer or Custom forum that claimed an eye-opening output; I can't recall which brand or model. Wanting to know the tint, I Googled some of the descriptive words from the sales post. I found the same drop-in, and its color temperature was somewhere about 7800K--way too blue for most of us. I felt fine passing on it.

I own four drop-ins: two Malkoffs XR-Es and two Dereelight XP-Gs. I consider the Dereelight a poor-man's Malkoff. Not the same beam, but even better output and pure white.

recDNA

Flashaholic

That was MY mistake. It was the 1.5 amp THRUNITE R5 drop in I meant. I typed "Solarforce" by accident. Sorry

If you went to the link I posted it showed the Thrunite I'm talking about.

sfca

Enlightened
There was some XP-G in the Dealer or Custom forum that claimed an eye-opening output; I can't recall which brand or model. Wanting to know the tint, I Googled some of the descriptive words from the sales post. I found the same drop-in, and its color temperature was somewhere about 7800K--way too blue for most of us. I felt fine passing on it.

Ooo which one is this?

Latest posts