Recommendation for significant upgrade for Maratac AAA

dartfrogger

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Maratac single AAA but want a much more versatile, higher quality light. The Maratac is 2 3/4 inches long by 1/2 inch in diameter, and I'd like to get something approaching those dimensions if possible. I'd also like at least two modes. I've done a search here and there are too many options, from $500+ to $15. I'd pay up to $200 or so. I don't like CR 2 batteries. Thanks in advance.

Showngo

Newly Enlightened
Not sure what upgrade means to you. But two great lights in the small size class would be:

- Reylight Pineapple Mini: it'll be longer, but small diameter. Nice tail switch.
- Lumintop FWAA: this light is stellar, thicker diameter though. But stays short and big output.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ReyLight Mini Pineapple is a 1xAAA light in ti or copper or brass that is user programmable--if that is the sort of versitility you are looking for.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eiger is a great choice. You might want to check with Peak and see if they still have any of the Nichia 219B R9080 4000K emitters left. It's a hard one to beat.

Last edited:

CHNeal

Enlightened
Thanks, guys. The Peak Eiger is the one. I'll order today.
Be sure to ask Robyn for the momentary switch as well. Really ads to the versatility of the little light. I also can't recomend the clip from Jason at Dark Sucks enough. With both of those "upgrades" you can still buy two for your $200 budget because 2 is 1…I really like these little lights so I future proofed my pocket carry.

C7B03F70-6254-4008-9380-1167E2D67715.jpeg

Last edited:

CHNeal

Enlightened
The Eiger is a great choice. You might want to check with Peak and see if they still have any of the Nichia 219B R9080 4000K emitters left. It's a hard one to beat.
I have one of the original Oveready Nichia 4500K hicri that turned me on to the Eigers. What a great light / emitter combo. Ive since gotten older so I just need cooler light to see well it seems so I had Robyn do a couple runs with both 5700K 219B and 5000K 219c.