Recommendations for under $20

jhereg

Enlightened
You could get the Brinkmann Legend LX & some spare batteries. For one of the lights at least that would give you lots of light. Pickup a couple of AAA Dorcys & half a dozen batteries & you should be right on budget. (Excluding shipping on the batteries of course.)

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a PT Tec 40, and the 4AA LED version? One for lighting up most of a stairwell, hallways, guiding people around furniture, and the LED for it's still bright light, and long burning runtime.

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I like the Tec 40. Does anyone have any opinions on the Streamlight Propolymer 7LED 4AA? It looks like it has a pretty good "output to price ratio." I've seen them for as low as about $25, but I can't find anyone who sells both the Tec 40 and the SL so I can save on shipping.

DougNel

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
I like the Tec 40. Does anyone have any opinions on the Streamlight Propolymer 7LED 4AA? It looks like it has a pretty good "output to price ratio." I've seen them for as low as about $25, but I can't find anyone who sells both the Tec 40 and the SL so I can save on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Propolymer 7LED 4AA and think you have come up with the best way to describe it--"good output to price ratio." It is very well made and, as I stated before, is the brightest of the 7 LED lights out there as well as the least expensive. There is a good review of it here: http://flashlightreviews2.home.att.net/reviews/streamlight_4aaled.htm

As far as where to get it, I got mine at Brightguy.com: http://www.brightguy.com/ for $23.95, although you can get it a dollar or two cheaper on Ebay. Brightguy also carries most of the Streamlight and Princeton product line. The TEC 40 is $14.95 there. I have had good experience with Brightguy.

I still think that the Energizer 2-LED folding lantern at less than $9 is one of the great bargains in LED lights out there. You can search the Lanterns forum for some discussion and there is also a review at: http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ener2.htm

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Dang!

If you'd said you were willing to spend $45.07 I would've recommended the Tec 40 and the PP4 LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
great choices. i own both!

however, i think that you cannot use lithiums in the 4aa 7led. i believe that one of our folks totally fried one.

but really, alkies are very inexpensive, and you will get great life out of it anyway--might not even need lithiums.

Bob

Jeritall

Enlightened
How long do you expect to be in the dark? Tec40s will give quality light until the sun comes up. Have a lot of people? Garrity Life Lite for under $4.00 ea. Have lots of people and expect to be in the dark a long time? Hmmmm? Maybe candles.

Latest posts