Red Led drop in for Maglite 2 Dcell ?

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mag Cree Q5 Led drop in & a 52mm Aspherical Lens, in my maglite 2d cell flashlight can anyone tell me is there a similar drop in that has a red led OR,how can i can i attach a coloured filter to the aspherical lens

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't think there is a similar drop-in but in red, and adding a filter will drastically cut down on output, LEDs don't produce much red light.

If you are up for some soldering, you can make/modify a drop-in for red, but keep in mind that a red LED needs less voltage then a white LED.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You could cut the filter to size, and put it on the back of the aspherical lens (assuming it is flat). If you don't need much light and don't mind the drastic drop in efficiency, then it should be fine. White LEDs are a blue LED with a phosphor, so any red would be from the phosphor (and it doesn't make much red compared with the overall percentage of light emitted.

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
You where right gunner lost to much light with the filter, can you tell me how i go about modifying for a red led

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw both red and green drop ins on that big auction site. You could also search the MarketPlace.

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me how i can replace the white led for a red or green one , and where can i purchase the led from