Rediscovered my Fenix P2D Pemium Q5 smooth reflector

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Because the days are getting longer i am carrying more flashlights with me. So ... I opened my box with "shelfqueens" and picked this good oldie and was amazed that in 2008 Fenix was making this kind of light already!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I have a pair each of both the P2D and P1D; the P2D was a solid design but with goofy mode order and pre-flash, I have a copy with the Rebel 100 semi-warm emitter which is very pleasant outdoors. The P1D Q5 was a revolution when it came out, the hottest 1x123 light at that time was 130 lumens, so to have a light that was a third brighter just pop out of nowhere was quite a leap.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few P1D that I think are great. Back then Fenix had a great Silver-ish Natural HA they introduced that I really liked. Also have one with a clicky tailcap and a custom body made by someone; I can't remember the 3 letter company name with the maple leaf logo. Black, Silver, and Natural finishes... those were the days before Fenix went to the dark-side. P1D and P3D were my favorite lights for quite a while.

Scourie

Enlightened
I keep a P2D and spare batteries in the Jeep glovebox, and a P1D sitting in a drawer. I used to have a Leef body but I may have sold it. Now I need to check.

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Interesting replies! Nice to see that so many of you love those old Fenix lights, too bad that they are not keeping up the pace they once started. For lights with a single (R)CR123 or 16340 Olight has become what Fenix once was...

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
While new LEDs have higher efficiency all is not about performance. These older LEDs provide a better tint than many of the newer; between cool and neutral and without bluish or greenish shades. So I find no reason to not use them as long as they are working!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P2D is still my EDC light most of the time. Long runtime on the lowest setting (first click).

Latest posts