Removing/replacing the thumbstud on a Sebbie?

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how Chris tightens the thumbstud on the Sebbie.

I want to swap one of mine over to another Sebbie, but given there are no flats on the front or threads on the back I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks

carrot

Flashaholic
They are just pushed in with a hand-operated machine, and they are pushed out with the same machine.

They might use Loctite to ensure it doesn't work its way out. I forget.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are just pushed in with a hand-operated machine, and they are pushed out with the same machine.

Don't expect to be able to do the same with bare hands. Even hand operated machines can put out serious amounts of force. Sorry if this is really obvious to you ;)

Last edited:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, not the answer I was hoping for but thanks all the same.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
Call CR, for a small fee they will probably do it for you. Heck they may only ask you pay for shipping. Worth a try.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
CRK has posted somewhere on BF that they have to destroy the thumbstud in order to remove it. So there's no way you can "swap" thumbstuds, as both would be destroyed in the process of removal.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also worth noting is that they will replace the thumbstud when you send it in for cleaning and maintenance. I think its about a $40 fee to get your sebenza completely refurbished. If you tell them what kind you would like, i'm sure they would put it on as part of the service.