Review: The BitZ, Excellent EDC Light (Updated)

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Will the BitZ work with the Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery?
Yes, I use that battery in my BitZ and it works just fine. I don't believe the BitZ has any sort of low-voltage warning built-in so you really are on your own as far as the light draining your rechargeables. So far I've managed to drain a primary 123 down to 2.8V or less before the light started acting a little strange -- buck boost failed to get into high mode, etc. So you probably don't want to drain your rechargeables that low or you'll end up shortening their lifespan.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the BitZ work with the Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery?

Tried one for you - it will work but due to the longer length the Bitz will not screw together as far and that might compromise water tightness. Those UF 880's are one of the longest RCR I've seen. I'd go for the AW or yellow Battery Station ones. I don't think the UF Protected is a good choice for this light.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I thought it was like itsy-bitsy meaning very small. Since it it Bit Z. Doesn't matter since it is a great light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Those UF 880's are one of the longest RCR I've seen. I'd go for the AW or yellow Battery Station ones. I don't think the UF Protected is a good choice for this light.

+1 to that. The Ultrafire really leaves the head sticking up pretty high. Not to mention that it's a really substandard battery to the AW or yellow Battery Station cells.

As far as draining rechargeables goes, I wouldn't worry to much about that with good quality protected batteries. The protection circuit will cut off to prevent over draining.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
What other lights out there are worthy competitors to the BitZ right now? I was thinking about the Aeon, notwithstanding its smaller size. What else should I consider as I evaluate the BitZ?

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the Novatac. Great light, but it is quite a bit bigger, isn't it. I've thought about the EX-10...hard to pass it up at that price.

How is the beam. I'd think the Novatac and BitZ with Seoul LEDs will have a cleaner and floodier beam.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Got the Novatac. Great light, but it is quite a bit bigger, isn't it.

I sure think so....

Bitz004.jpg

That's ok though. The 120P is a fine light!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn your pictures, Pat36! I must have one. But first, low low needs to be integrated into the main UI...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Darn your pictures, Pat36! I must have one. But first, low low needs to be integrated into the main UI...

I was thinking the same thing too before having a chance to use the light. The low in the regular menu is low enough to use at night in the house without blinding myself. The low-low in the secondary menu is very low and I could only see me using it that way in a survival type situation. I've grown to like the lol-low where it's at and wouldn't want it switched.

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The twisty action works well so getting to the LowLow is easy. I think its a stellar light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
My trit vial arrived and I just installed it with a little clear epoxy. It's pretty bright. :eek:oo:

Bitz.jpg

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a P1D CE to compare it with? Size/output

This certainly looks a whole lot better :)

I am in search of a new EDC since my Raw NS took a dive (my fault, it slipped out of my hands and straight into concrete with my keys)

Looking at the DX-10/Another Raw NS Cree/LOD CE/???