RIP Amy Winehouse

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you look good standing next to Tony Bennett, then you actually look good..

amytony.jpg

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely not digging the tattoos though, well her tattoo's that is. Regardless of that, she was definitely a talented woman, I'm sure her record sales will go though the roof now, which always happens when there is a death.

xul

Enlightened
I brought this up '27 club' on a statistics website and their study seemed to say it didn't really exist. People who live like this live an average of 36 years or so and die for several different reasons.
And a candle burning at both ends lasts half as long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRF43-xaYc

Last edited:

Evern00b

Newly Enlightened
What a great voice and talent she had. To be honest, I was surprised that her passing away was not related to drug overdose.

Acid87

Enlightened
Another example of a talented artist not getting the support and guidance of their management and record labels. Shame but not a suprise.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Another example of a talented artist not getting the support and guidance of their management and record labels. Shame but not a suprise.

Honestly, she also got the wrong sort of support from friends and even some of her fans. When you write a song with lyrics such as "I don't want to go to rehab . . . " And it becomes a smash hit, with friends and peers cheering whenever she sang it? I heard that song for the first time, and I knew how her career was going to end. It couldn't have been more blatant. Maybe things would have ended differently if even one of her celebrity friends had bothered to pull her aside and have a chat with her, instead of simply cheering her on.