River Rock Keychain LEDs further reduced UPDATE!!!!

SuperNinja

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Damn, I didn't even know they had a 4D version of the Energizer folding lantern.
Home Despot also has them.

InfidelCastro said:
That thing must last forever. Seems like it would make a better survival light than the 4AA version.
The 4D is a fluorescent, so it wouldn't last as long as you are thinking.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4D is a fluorescent, so it wouldn't last as long as you are thinking.
Yeah, the package said 40 hours continuous runtime, I think.
Also forgot to mention mine now has Dorcy Gelbrites in different colors, a Dorcy Gelbrite package with the 2xD and 1xA, the Energizer "Find Me" 2xD with blinking red LED, Energizer torch/lantern flashlight, and the Nite Ize LED/switch combo for $9.99. And a few other things I can't remember right now.

I was on my way to work, and only had a few minutes, so my head was literally spinning looking at all the new stuff!

interscape

Newly Enlightened
Target in Gilbert AZ (val vista and warner) had a bunch. I bought 12 and left at least 10. Nothing better than someone commenting "wow , thats a bright little light" then the next day you give them one.

eta:$1.48 each

Last edited:

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Fixed the "hard to turn on" problem!!

I love the look of these smooth peanut lights, great output.... BUT they are hard to turn on with one hand. After futzing around and fiddling, the reason is two fold: (beside the obvious very smooth surface)

1) The o-ring in the head is a little too thick for this light
2) the tail cap spring is very strong.

THE FIX

1)Remove the Head O-ring (not really needed unless you frequently drop your light in the toilet.... perhaps some you take a pee at night with your lights).

2) use a ball point pen and jam it into the spring in the tail cap, if you do this forcefully it will permanently compress the tail spring a little.

Do both of these and..... YEH! the light is now easy to turn on/off with one hand.

Holland

Walt175

Enlightened
I stopped at the Target in Fairfield NJ this afternoon. They had 5 of these left. I bought 3 and 1 minimag accessory pack. Also ran into another CPFer!

The flashlights were 1.48 each for the peanut style. There were 2 non peanut, but they weren't on sale.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target in La Habra, CA (Imperial Hwy just west of Harbor) and in Anaheim, CA (Lincoln just east of Brookhurst) still had plenty of these left at $1.48 each.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
I picked up a few of the blue keychain LEDs.

I wasn't greedy, and did not clean them out though.

I left a whole bunch of pink keychains for you guys, my fellow CPF members. :)