River Rock lantern review - FlashlightReviews.com

grrickar

Newly Enlightened
They were marked on the shelf at 19.99 each, but this particular lantern rang up at the register for $12.99. I wonder if they ran them on sale and forgot to change the price back? This was the last one, and I am calling in the morning to see if they get any on their truck in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are still that price. While I was at it I picked up a RR keychain light and a 2xAAA RR light as well.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
FYI, as mentioned in other threads, Target has all LED lights on sale 10% off this week. I price scanned the RR Lantern to confirm it is $17.99 on sale. All RR and Inovas, etc. are also on sale.

attowatt

Enlightened
grrickar said:
I went back and got 2 more, but they were $19.99. :mecry:

grrickar: if you take your reciept back I am sure they will price adjust and give you back the difference:popcorn:

Arkayne

Enlightened
You guys may have read it already but just in case you didn't, I put an Osram Golden Dragon in my RR with good results. Check it out:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100467

It's begging me for some diffusion so I plan on sandblasting the inside of the outer globe soon. I needed a compressor anyway, I might as well buy my own sandblasting kit. :)

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
Arkayne said:
You guys may have read it already but just in case you didn't, I put an Osram Golden Dragon in my RR with good results. Check it out:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100467

It's begging me for some diffusion so I plan on sandblasting the inside of the outer globe soon. I needed a compressor anyway, I might as well buy my own sandblasting kit. :)
Thats awesome! I must mod my other one with that Orsam Gold,where did you order that Orsam,and what was the cost?? Looks like a huge diff,in brightness :)

I love this lamp
img07555ip.jpg

I bought 2 the other day
Gonna mod one of them,And hopefull some one comes up with a proper dimmer mod,but untill then,I will put in a pot,or use attowatts idea.

Thanks

Last edited:

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
attowatt said:
It probably pissed them off when you went to strobe mode:crackup:
I was afraid that if it strobed they would all end up upside down,dead that is,lol

Poor fish:lolsign:

grrickar

Newly Enlightened
No, I should have but did not. I had some coworkers who wanted a lantern so I had contemplated selling a couple for $20, and then going and getting a couple on sale myself but instead I just told them where to get them. There was one lonely lantern hanging on the hook (still on sale), and my wife gave me that look when I said something about buying it.

I did talk her into getting me a RR 1.5W 2C light. Looks nice for a $22 light! I picked up another 0.5W RR for my wife's uncle.

On that price I posted originally where they were $13, I'm wondering if my mother in-law was wrong about that. She bought the first one for me near her house, and told me it was that much, but she bought other things so I think she was wrong and was looking at something else on the receipt. I went back and found them to be $20, and then they dropped to about $18 last week with the 10% off.

I got there too late for the Inova lights - all the good ones were gone. I have liked their stuff every since I bought a keychain LED pinch light from them. I have had it about 10 years now and never had any issues with it - in fact the batteries are still live and well.

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone figured out a 2-stage mod for the RR Lantern yet? Just trying to catch up to all the threads :)

Oh! Also, are there any runtime stats with NiMH's and Lithium Primaries?

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
attowatt said:
Glow powder added:

Wicked..... Me likey!

Is it glowpaint or just power you used?.. and if only powder, what medium did you use to make it stick?

I have the glowpaint..I don't know if these make enough heat to be an issue.

I"ve even thought "what would happen" if you painted the globe with glowpaint instead of sanding it?.. you may get the same effect when on and an even better glow when its off?

Can "anyone" provide a link to anyone still selling these?

I can't find them in any of the target stores around me here and no one has them only that I can find!

Last edited:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang... if someone could mod a RR Lantern with a XR-E... that would be insane! :D