Roomie Lovin'...Taboo or not?

• Yes, it's taboo bigtime

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • No, go for it, it's no big deal

Votes: 53 81.5%

• Total voters

carrot

Flashaholic
I just read the EXIF file data by using the "view source" option in Camino (probably works in all other Gecko browsers, like Firefox, as well), or `head'ing the file on *nix.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Pydpiper said:
Less photo talk, more pictures... Please. :)

I'll see if I can get more later. I have another one but it was taken the same night...not much different than the other one.

carrot

Flashaholic
All this picture taking... and she just might get suspicious. Don't fuel our voyeurism at your own (and her) expense.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Roomie Lovin'....Taboo or not?

zespectre said:
Okay, I'm one of those -don't date a roomie- People but I do have to comment here. You say get to know her before dating... isn't getting to know someone the definition of dating? :whistle:

I'd say dating and getting to know someone are similar but not the same. A matter of intent. If a person is thinking friend, it's getting to know someone. If they're thinking romantic interest, then it's dating.

If you use a 4D Maglite to light up your yard, it's a flashlight. If you use it to clobber someone, then it's a weapon.

Laser-

Glad it's working out, good luck!

Cheers. :buddies:

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Diesel_Bomber said:
I'd say dating and getting to know someone are similar but not the same. A matter of intent. If a person is thinking friend, it's getting to know someone. If they're thinking romantic interest, then it's dating.

If you use a 4D Maglite to light up your yard, it's a flashlight. If you use it to clobber someone, then it's a weapon.

Laser-

Glad it's working out, good luck!

Cheers. :buddies:

Haha...that's a great analogy!

Screehopper

Enlightened

LaserFreak said:
maybe I can offer to show her around without making her suspicious of me wanting to date her or something........

Don't end up on the friends ladder. You want to be on the real ladder.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic

Screehopper said:
Don't end up on the friends ladder. You want to be on the real ladder.
Ahh, the ladder theory... I disagree with it -- I think it's certainly possible to make the jump from one 'ladder' to the other.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman said:
If she finds out you've posted her pic for the WHOLE WIDE WORLD to see, that could change things quick and you won't need your poll, eh?
I hope that was with her permission? Privacy issues ya, know.
I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this.

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Omega Man said:
I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Well, I can't exactly ask her if I can take her picture for this thread..I might as well just tell her, "Hey, I started a thread on this forum about roomie lovin..can I post your picture in it?"

I did, however, ask if I could take a picture of her.

Screehopper

Enlightened

LaserFreak said:
Well, I can't exactly ask her if I can take her picture for this thread..I might as well just tell her, "Hey, I started a thread on this forum about roomie lovin..can I post your picture in it?"

I did, however, ask if I could take a picture of her.

I wonder if a more subtle approached would of been better. Like say you're out having drinks. Then saying, hey, we need a shot of both of us. Then pull out your point-and-shoot camera.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
To avoid prosecution I would refrain from posting any more pictures.. :)
In the early stages of a relationship there is nothing wrong with what your doing..Polling the public for some advice.. Nothing wrong with posting a picture either, not like she was in a compromising position.
There may be a day when you can tell her what you did, and it will be funny. If not, then take more pictures.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Well, things are getting a little more interesting now. Last night, after the association club kicked us out (closing time), we (my roomie and I, and 2 friends of mine) decided to go to a bar and shoot some pool and have a few more drinks.

She seemed to want to pay the most attention to me. Little things...like her asking me to watch her purse every time she went away, telling me she "had faith in me" when it was my turn to shoot, the way she made it a point to make clear eye contact with me even if she was having a conversation with one of my friends, and her "sneak-a-peck" at the end of the night (she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek when we got home, then went inside). I thought to myself this morning that I should've asked her what the kiss on the cheek was for...might've gotten a little more info.

Of course, I could be getting way ahead of myself, and all this from her is just her way of being friendly. It's not blatently obvious as to what her intentions are. Unless I'm absolutely blind, which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I've never been very good at reading people.

It seems like she enjoys spending time with me. IF things are going anywhere, it would seem they're going in the right direction.

I see by the 1,200+ reads on this that you guys seem pretty interested in this subject, so I'll update you as updates become available.

drizzle

Enlightened
I know this has been mentioned before but...

What are the chances that someone you know, who also knows her, is aware of this thread's existence. You are playing with fire. As much as I enjoy the unfolding story I would hate to see the whole thing blow up in your face.

It sounds like everything is going great. I would say definitely don't ask her about the peck. She said what she wanted to say by doing it. Asking her to explain it would put her on the spot.

Good luck!

LaserFreak

Enlightened
drizzle said:
I know this has been mentioned before but...

What are the chances that someone you know, who also knows her, is aware of this thread's existence. You are playing with fire. As much as I enjoy the unfolding story I would hate to see the whole thing blow up in your face.

That isn't too likely. She explained to me last night that the only friend she had here was a little on the bitchy side, so she really doesn't like her anymore and rarely talks to her. She's only been here for a month and just started going out when she met me, so she hasn't really met any friends.

I also found out that she hasn't had a boyfriend in 6 years...nothing that lasted more than a month anyway. She volunteered this info to me...not sure how the conversation came up.

But, in the off chance she gets on the internet somewhere and starts googling my name, I'll remove her picture from this thread...that should put a little more anonymity back into this.

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
I'm with drizzle on this one.....She said all she wanted to with the sneak-a- peck on the cheek. If you ask her, she is going to take it as you're reading into it.....and that is a major turn-off to most women.

Do as I do.....Just run with it. Go with the flow. AND BE YOURSELF!!! Don't question her. That makes it seem like you don't trust her intentions/thoughts (although you may not now what they are). Just don't offend her.

I'm also with everyone else as far as this thread goes......watch yourself. It is the internet. I don't think she'll be offended...but she will be more than a little out off by it I think.

Ok, sorry, I'll turn Dr. Phil mode off now.....Now go spend time with this woman!! :lolsign:

carrot

Flashaholic
LaserFreak said:
I also found out that she hasn't had a boyfriend in 6 years...nothing that lasted more than a month anyway. She volunteered this info to me...not sure how the conversation came up.
I think this is a not-so-subtle hint here.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
exoduster18 said:
I'm with drizzle on this one.....She said all she wanted to with the sneak-a- peck on the cheek. If you ask her, she is going to take it as you're reading into it.....and that is a major turn-off to most women.

Do as I do.....Just run with it. Go with the flow. AND BE YOURSELF!!! Don't question her. That makes it seem like you don't trust her intentions/thoughts (although you may not now what they are). Just don't offend her.

I'm also with everyone else as far as this thread goes......watch yourself. It is the internet. I don't think she'll be offended...but she will be more than a little out off by it I think.

Ok, sorry, I'll turn Dr. Phil mode off now.....Now go spend time with this woman!! :lolsign:

Alright...I won't ask her what the sneak-a-peck was for.

I don't see though what good stopping updates to this thread would do. As you said, it IS the internet...even if this thread were to disappear under the pages, it could still be found easily.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
carrot said:
I think this is a not-so-subtle hint here.

That's exactly what bugs me about women. They like to hint a lot.

Maybe she's trying to be careful here too.