Saint Incand's Day - July 12, 2009

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux - that was awesome!! I have a great new holiday to celebrate each year now - I wonder if I can convince the boss to close down shop in honor of this day??
No you can't.

But you CAN stay back after hours after the lights go off and work by incan torchlight if you wish.

Burgess

Flashaholic
What an interesting thread !

:twothumbs_lovecpf

Only problem, Lux . . . .

Like me, you also seem to interpret

the first letter of " lctorana " as an Uppercase " I ".

I have since learned that it is actually a Lowercase " L ".

As he explained, there was an automobile in Australia by that name.

Just FYI.

_

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prize awarded.

And the companies represented or set up by these gentlemen were, of course, EdiSwan, Tungsram and General Electric respectively.

Thanks to all who participated, including those who scratched their heads and didn't post.

Prize received and donated to CPF renewing CPF benefactor subscription :)

Thanks again,
Robert

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Gotta have shirts to celebrate properly. The six other inaugural members can get one free. PM me with your size and full mailing address not later than 7/25/09 if you want one.

IncandsDay.jpg
IncandsDay3.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
What an interesting thread !

:twothumbs_lovecpf

Only problem, Lex . . . .

Like me, you also seem to interpret

the first letter of " lctorana " as an Uppercase " I ".

I have since learned that it is actually a Lowercase " L ".

As he explained, there was an automobile in Australia by that name.

Just FYI.

_

Corrected for posterity. Oh, and it's Lux, not Lex.

fneuf

Newly Enlightened
This would explain why the Brits call flashlights torches. In Henry the 5ths time the only illumination device available was a torch.
Brits, and French too. We even say both as one sentence word "lampe torche". Clearly a reference to the form factor of flashlights looking like old torches, with the handle as the wood baton and the source of light at the top, like a flame.

To be consistent, only hotwire incans can be called "lampes torches". I've yet to see a LED burning paper, earning the "torch" label :candle:

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
No Strings Attached - Free Shirts List (these are the Hanes Beefy-T style/brand) Confirmed-bold blue

• Icebreak
  • lctorana,
  • KiwiMark
  • Sylathnie
  • Outdoors Fanatic
  • RichS

Last edited:

sylathnie

Enlightened
Hrm... that T-Shirt needs a big 62623 on the front or something like that :candle:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the picture on the front is that greenish chick holding a modded mag? Which bulb is she using? What battery chemistry? Is she using a programmable regulated driver?

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the companies represented or set up by these gentlemen were, of course, EdiSwan, Tungsram and General Electric respectively.

George Westinghouse was certainly the businessman behind the development of the AC system, but Nikola Tesla deserves the credit for creating it.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been weighed on this month with extra stuff so my energy and concentration haven't been up to snuff. I can't believe I missed this thread. I'd like to thank all you Incandescent Fellows for making this forum such a pleasure to read and participate in. I guess I should thank the non-Incandescent loving members too because it sure would not be the same with them. I love a spirited discussion.

All of you gentlemen are top shelf in my book. Oh, and the blonde haired girl that most people think is a dude...you're very very cool too.

Thanks for the fun thread, Lux and everybody. Wish I could think of something funny to say. *Efficiency!* Pardon, me. Big lunch.

Sun's setting. Time to go light 'em up.