Saint Incand's Day - July 12, 2009

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Big Beefy Tee Saint Incand Day T-shirt arrived today. T-shirt art has come along way. I remember as a kid if you wanted a really cool shirt you had to wait until the state fair and get an air-brushed shirt. This thing is really nicely done. Sure the layout is excellent, no surprise there, but the application is really nice with vibrant colors.

Thanks LuxLuthor!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Big Beefy Tee Saint Incand Day T-shirt arrived today. T-shirt art has come along way. I remember as a kid if you wanted a really cool shirt you had to wait until the state fair and get an air-brushed shirt. This thing is really nicely done. Sure the layout is excellent, no surprise there, but the application is really nice with vibrant colors.

Thanks LuxLuthor!
Got mine today too - I agree, it is very nicely done! Even the smaller print on the back is very clear and easy to read. And I love the modified "torch"! :D

Thanks Lux!!

Conte

Enlightened
July 12th you say ? I'll have to keep that in mind.

Tell me, are there any Incan day traditions ?

Like say, going out into the bush for a bonfire style party.

Except instead of a fire, each brings there favorite hotwires out, stick them all together in the sand face up and everyone sits drinking around that instead ?

As long as you aren't expected to finish your alcohol before the batteries run out, it could be good healthy fun.

Conte

Enlightened
Damn, you guys take your flashlight appreciation seriously. :eek:

Is a new initiate defined by the time they've joined CPF, or how long they've been running hotwires?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The actual process is a guarded secret defined in coded messages. One member was admitted, when during a grueling interrogation in a small room with blinding lights, he unexpectedly blurted out: "Hey are those "XXXXX" bulbs in those spotlights?" They were.

If you can decode this, and send answer to me by PM, you would also be granted immediate membership & free t-shirt.

WM HKNJ AI WMUXN

Conte

Enlightened
Damn ! Hah.

For the record I'm just joking around, I'm sure you are to.

Suppose I'll accept your challenge. Yet, I have a sneaking suspicion it's really a polite way of asking me to shut up. :crackup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It's always good to have fun in this hobby. When it gets serious, it becomes a job rather than a joy.

I am not at all discouraging your interest, and I'm serious if anyone solves the coded message. It is a real coding system, and as a hint, only uses letters. I'll be shocked if anyone figures it out. I could probably also throw in $50, and still be extremely confident that no one will get it.

So that puts membership back with the "old school" qualification.

Conte

Enlightened
I came to the conclusion that it was very difficult.
I thought you were fooling with me at first, but I could tell the pattern was too organized to be gibberish. I ran it thru some basic methods and it's defiantly not linear decoder ring style. Also, I can't see enough reference points, if it was a longer sentence I bet I'd have a better chance.

Meanwhile, if I were to crack it, keep your money, I want Mag Lego !

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
For what it's worth, this is the First Anniversay of Saint Incand's Day.

I'll be celebrating with a slew of incands tonight.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I celebrated by taking the garbage out and illuminating the way with my Mag3D Incan (Alan B Reg, 3 x 32600 cells, 64430 Bulb, Aluminium reflector, glass lens) and also playing with my monster light (Elephant II body, 3" Throwmaster, 8 x IMR 18650 cells, Alan B Reg, 64458 bulb).
I don't own an LED light that can match (or even come close to) my 2 favourite lights mentioned above. :thumbsup:

A quick prayer:
All hail the warm glow of incan! Praise be. Hallelujah. Oww, my eyes. The goggles do nothing. Amen. :cool:

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it was a celebration but I helped a guy trying to figure his sound problem on stage with a modified LF PILA. He had a multigreen which isn't bad for equipment and position tape but doesn't really show the wire colors.

I did my regular neighborhood mag sweep then got on the couch with my bad-***, heavy duty St. Incan's Day shirt on. I think I'll go put it on a again. I just like lounging around in it. Ahhhhh. That's nice. Big Beefy T with the most incandescent woman's image of the world on it. Man, I musta wore this 50 times this year.

Thanks, Lux. But more than that thanks for thinking up a day for celebrating incandescent light.

computernut

Enlightened
I was out walking the dog with my fiancee last night (Saint Incan's Day). I was trying out my new Surefire L2 but had my A2 with me. My fiancee preferred the beam of the incan A2 and I let her use it for the rest of the walk where she was shining it at all the frogs and toads that were hopping across the trails.