self defense with LED?

LightScene

Enlightened
Thanks to Buz and Yalskey for the information on pepper spray and Sabre Red. I ordered some on eBay that uses a ballistic stream.
Although I've been carrying OC for 10 years, I've never used it so I had no idea if the brand I had was any good and I couldn't think of any way to test it. With Sabre Red you know it's good. Thanks guys.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
SKYWLKR said:
Here is my Self defense light. 135 Lumens and it is always ..
skytaca.jpg

This can be deployed VERY quickly!!!

Hey! A Detonics! Man, I lusted after one of those 20 years ago and they went out of business before I could ever afford to buy one! You lucky SOB!

Last edited:

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
BUZ said:
I really don't care for any brand of pepper foam for several reasons, one the bad guys can actually scoop it off of their face and throw it back @ you (seen it happen), two the foam doesn't have the spraying distance of a stream spray (which is very important), three one of the things that make OC so effective is that it is inhaled (thus effective the respatory system) foam really doesn't have these effects.

I teach self defense courses and have been spray with a variety of chemical agents, punch II-freeze+P, def-tec, bodyguard LE-10, fox labs and sabre red. Sabre red level III is hands down the nastiest crap I've even been hit with (it's hotter than the fire of hell)! No kidding after 10+ hours my face, nose and eyes were still stinging.

While I don't think foam is the best option it's certainly better than nothing at all, if you haven't fire it before you really should purchase another can or two and test fire it so you'll have a feel for it.

This is what I carry, sabre red level III 1.33% major Capsaicinoids :mad::mad::mad: SHU rating or a sprays percentage % alone isn't what determines the spays true heat the major Capsaicinoids are.

BTW stay away from cone/fog spray patterns, just the slightest bit of wind and you'll be hosing yourself instead of the bad guy!

That's good to know. I have a nice big California illegal can of Sabre (civvies are limited in OC can size here). I didn'd buy the Sabre Red blend, just the normal Sabre blend. I thought the Sabre guys say the normal sabre blend is better than red since it's an OC/CN mix.

Last edited: