Sesame Street and Mister Rogers

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
Over hill and highway the Banana buggies go,
Commin' on to bring you the Banana Splits Show.

I used to dream about owning one of those buggies.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I used to watch Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood, and The Electric Company; and they were all excellent programs "way back when".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to sound really geeky, but one of the things that I found fascinating about The Electric Company (besides their general production values) was the fact that their color-cycling animated opening title sequence was one of the earliest uses of computer generated vector-based animation for broadcast graphics. That was back when it took a room full of computer hardware and 20,000 watts of power to generate that! It was an early peek at the future of the industry.

These days that same sequence could be cranked out better on an average desktop computer in 20 minutes.

See, I told ya it was gonna sound geeky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Hey KC2IXE, I think the show on MTV that you were talking about was called "Liquid Television", not "Liquid Sky". You are right though, some of the shorts on that show were quite good. It introduced the world to Aeon Flux, which will soon be a movie starring Charlize Theron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif