several convoy S2+ osram questions,

mickb

Enlightened
Folks I was informed this 'Osram' is probably the longest throw in the Convoy S2 line
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001543265036.html
One feedback buyer comment I saw estimated 25KCD for this little light, which is the ballpark I am after.
Was wondering if anyone could indicate the link to the remote pressure switch that would suit it?
Also wondered what the main differences are between the S2 and S2+ designations? Had read the S2 has a deeper reflector, so would there be versions of the S2 that throw even better?
Any guesses as to whether this unit will fit protected button top 18650's?
Thanks in advance!

prof student

Enlightened
I believe that S2+ is an updated version of the S2.

Its a budget line of flashlights. The only light that I have seen that has a pressure switch, IIRC is the C8+ line of lights.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The S2 does indeed have a deeper reflector than the S2+, but that only matters for spill angle. Hotspot should be the same on both, so it is up to preference.

Otherwise the differences are that the S2 is a hair longer (matter of 2mm or so), has a thinner pill, and the tail button is completely encircled by a raised ring with no thumb cutouts. Aside from these, the differences are purely aesthetic.

EDIT: D'oh, missed the main point of the thread! :fail: Sorry, no pressure switches for it unless there's someone I never heard of that makes aftermarket ones.

Last edited: