SF-III re-visited.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
So, the switch will not be the Kroll? Concern is that the Kroll requires a lot of TLC to work properly, and does not like high amps. Don's clicky?

Bill

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Mike, this was the first light you produced which got me started on your fine lights. The SF series were and still remain unparalleled in design and ruggedness. I have 3 SF-IIIs and an SF-V in my arsenal. If this new run will meet the standards of your past SFs, I'm in for one and the Lord only knows I don't need another light!. Put me down for one.:D

Karl

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tailcap switch with gold plated contacts and springs
If that new tail cap is compatible with the existing SF/HyperLux bodies and you'd be willing to produce a few extras, I'd happily pre-pay for four of them. I'd sell off a few organs for those.

Assuming it's not a gold-plated Kroll that is. ;)

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xrunner/hornady708: I will accomodate the two bodies one serial number to cater to those who want this.

Bullzeyebill: The switch will be one that can handle up to 10 amps. This will be my custom made switches.

gswitter: The thread on the tailcap will be compatible but the problem will be whether the ano will match or not. I maybe able to do extras tailcaps but still do not know at this time.

I still have not gotten a pricing yet. Still need a little time. I will put up beam shot comparasions between a SF-V in turbo mode and the SF-III in turbo mode soon. So far the SF-III is brighter. Can you beleive this? As soon as I get the pricing, should I start a pre-pay thread? The price I am estimating at the moment should be around $435.00 and $460.00. No more and no less. As soon as I hear back from machinist. I will post the exact price. This will include PP fees, express shipping, carrying case and the SF-III. Say, this is cheaper than an SF-V and brighter too!

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the beamshots. Both the SF-V and SF-III in turbo mode. The SF-III is brighter. A bit of bad news is that I finally got the estimate and it was $5.00 over the estimated price. So the cost per light will be $465.00. Again, I will need everyone's help in order to make this a go. I can put up the thread any time now.

ARC mania

15hilvn.jpg

mm7url.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very very interested, preference for warm MC-E. If warm MC-E will sell organs.

1 x 18650 is my favorite size, haven't been around these forums long enough to have been here when these came out originally - but I saw a photo of one just this weekend - SWEET.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 18650 version will be sweet..believe me--I've got a tube or two for my SFIIIs and they run forever!

Karl

qarawol

Enlightened
Very very interested, preference for warm MC-E. If warm MC-E will sell organs.

1 x 18650 is my favorite size, haven't been around these forums long enough to have been here when these came out originally - but I saw a photo of one just this weekend - SWEET.

Here is a pic of the three styles of SF-III' bodies I currently have...

ARCmaniaSuperFlashlightIIIs.jpg

The right one is the Combat grip body. NICE!!!!

Njoy...

Edwood

Enlightened
I agree with the three levels being better than four. I love my MJP 15-3 which has a similar converter as the SF-V, the different levels are just too close to each other. Would be much better to have a very low lowest level.

My favorite set up is using the MJP 15-3's KL4 head on a McGizmo EN Mule 1x123 clicky pack. With an IMR16340 cell, it provides full power, with a very short run time, but oh what a pocket rocket.

Nice to see ARC mania classics returning, new and improved.

-Ed

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I agree with Edwood, that 3 Levels of Output would be enough, but
four would be ok also...:D

The most important is, that there will be a run!!!!:tinfoil:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an all-time great design and I too am most thrilled to see it come back "new and improved".

Karl

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is an all-time great design and I too am most thrilled to see it come back "new and improved".

Karl

except I wonder if it's really "back" since there have been so many changes. It could almost be considered "all new."