SF weaponlight questions

talonturbo

Newly Enlightened
-do the x200 or x300 heads interchange with an e-series head?
-any of the heads (weapon or E series) use a circuit that can take 2xr123's?

thanks in advance.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to simpleisgood229

I wouldn't use RCR123's in my X200 due to recoil over time might damage the cells. I rather just dump the used SF123's into the recycle bin at Home Depot.

seattlite

Enlightened
-do the x200 or x300 heads interchange with an e-series head?
-any of the heads (weapon or E series) use a circuit that can take 2xr123's?

thanks in advance.

I've used 2xRCR123's in my ED2L without any issues. If the circuit is the same on the KX2C and X300 then you shouldn't have any issues. Unsure whether RCR123's will physically fit in the X300.

Size15's

Flashaholic
As mentioned the bezels of the X200/X300/X400 are sealed and should not be removed by the end user.
I would not assume that the electronics used by the X300 is the same as the KX2C (or any other handheld).

I suggest that savings could be better made elsewhere to ensure the X300 is fed with primary SF123A batteries as designed so that the X300 performs as intended and expected.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow nice set-up DaFABRICATA!

I would be on the side of caution if you were to mount some of those onto weapons. I do not think the E series head was made to be mounted on a weapons light. If its for just flashlight duty, I don't see an issue with it.

I use my X200A on my Glock 19 and due to the shorter barrel, the top of my light is burned.

b99324284.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Having the bezel exposed to the muzzle-blast and general heat of an actively used firearm is all in a day's work for SureFire's - the Z32 shock isolated bezel is fantastically close on the MP5 and this is common situation for many WeaponLights including those protruding from short-barrelled handguns.

The E-Series bezels are no different to the X200 or X300 bezels in their ability to cope.

N/Apower

Enlightened
Having the bezel exposed to the muzzle-blast and general heat of an actively used firearm is all in a day's work for SureFire's - the Z32 shock isolated bezel is fantastically close on the MP5 and this is common situation for many WeaponLights including those protruding from short-barrelled handguns.

The E-Series bezels are no different to the X200 or X300 bezels in their ability to cope.

+1

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15s - I wasn't saying the ability of the E series head to cope with the heat. I was more worried about the bulb in the E series head being subjected to the recoil of the pistol.

I do not see much of any shock isolation in the MN03 and the E series head. I have a P101 weapons light and that has the P60 with a rather large amount of shock isolation and easily 100% bigger than the SF X200A.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Size15s - I wasn't saying the ability of the E series head to cope with the heat. I was more worried about the bulb in the E series head being subjected to the recoil of the pistol.

I do not see much of any shock isolation in the MN03 and the E series head. I have a P101 weapons light and that has the P60 with a rather large amount of shock isolation and easily 100% bigger than the SF X200A.
Ah I agree - the E-Series incandescents aren't designed for handgun use...

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow nice set-up DaFABRICATA!

I would be on the side of caution if you were to mount some of those onto weapons. I do not think the E series head was made to be mounted on a weapons light. If its for just flashlight duty, I don't see an issue with it.

I use my X200A on my Glock 19 and due to the shorter barrel, the top of my light is burned.

I used to use one of the old style 3V Classic weaponlights for a Glock 19 and the bezel got eroded by the muzzle blast and the Lexan window regularly clouded up with debris.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use an offset adapter, which places the light farther from the muzzle. The real function, however, is to provide room for a suppressor.
MP5LeftReduced.jpg