Shootings at Virginia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should hopefully (providing peopel aren't to bull headed to realize what really is right) show that Knives guns and other SD tools/weapons need to be legal, more people carry guns and knives around illegally that do legally, since it is illegal to have guns on campuses or knives the good guy is going to be unarmed but the bad guy who is breaking the law anyways is well armed, no one can stop him until he has done ridiculous amounts of damage to society. This is disgusting.

jtice

Flashaholic
Sorry Pablo, I am just gonna have to comment on this :p

"""IMHO there lies the problem, the liberty US citizens have on purchasing/carrying/using guns is the main problem here, I know NRA/Pro-gun members will trash my opinion, but hey, its my opinion..."""

This is almost the exact opposite actually.
MOST shootings are done by ppl that arent allowed to own guns in the first place.
GUN LAWS are what cause death.
They tried to pass a bill a while back for Virginia, that would have let the faculty (that had a carry permit) carry guns to school.
That would have saved lives today, PERIOD.
If you keep making gun laws that are blatantly against The Constitution, we cant protect our selves,
if we cant protect ourselves, what the hell do ppl think is gonna happen.

GUN LAWS ONLY HURT LAW OBIDING CITIZENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at the stats,
all the states that have taken away the right to carry, the crime rate went WAY up.
States that have gun carrying citezens have lower crime rates, period.
Its not rocket science, where would you want to go on a mad robbing and killing spree?
A gun toting town? or a town that had no guns in it at all?

As for this kid/guy being on drugs, medicated, etc.
I could care less.
I am tired of hearing excuses.
So what if mommy didnt hug him enough when he was a kid, or maybe daddy hugged him TOO much.
Tough sh*t, thats NO excuse to go randomly shooting ppl.

I just hope the SOB didnt use an "Assault Rifle" thats the last thing we need,
the media hyping it up with key attention getting words like "Assault Weapon"

~John

Last edited:

highorder

Enlightened
IMHO less availability, more strict carrying permits will make the gun violence problem smaller...

your logic is faulty. law abiding citizens DO NOT COMMIT GUN CRIME.

don't worry, its not your fault. the TV is probably to blame.

jtice

Flashaholic
Wow, it is amazing the brain washing the TV/Media can do.

People really think its the guns that kill ppl.
People just dont get it,,, criminals dont follow laws,
why the hell would anyone think a LAW is gonna stop a CRIMINAL?

Has there ever been a mad killing rampage like this at an NRA meeting?
Yea, didnt think so, not one that lasted more than a couple shots.

Shootings happen at schools for a reason,
The kids know there are other helpless kids there, with no way to protect themselves.
It is afteral, a "Gun Free Zone" remember?
But, wait,,, if its a gun free zone,,, how did that kid bring a gun????
Oh thats right, hes a CRIMINAL !

By law, if I was there, with my carry permit, and my gun, and I shot and killed the guy after he killed only one person,
I would see at LEAST probation, probably jail time.
Since LEGALLY, I wasnt allowed to have the gun there.
Justice system my @$$

~John

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My post was a bit hysterical so have have deleted it.

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pablo,

I was in Argentina in the early '80s, have the laws changed since then?

When I was there, I could buy a gun in any shooting or sporting goods store. I could buy a pistol, a rifle, a semiautomatic pistol, or even a switchblade knife.

I could even buy as a non-citizen.

Has that changed?

I always thought it was very enlightened that Argentina allowed it's citizens to defend themselves appropriately. And I always regretted that I didn't take the opportunity to pick up a few .45 caliber pistols, as they were quite cheap and VERY well made.

My father taught me as a young man that "if guns are criminalized, only criminals will have guns."

Bill

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
highorder said:
your logic is faulty. law abiding citizens DO NOT COMMIT GUN CRIME.

don't worry, its not your fault. the TV is probably to blame.
+1+1+1 I totally Agree with you, no Law abiding citizin is going to do this B.S I live out in the country, I live by the law, and i wouod never, ever do this.

All I have to say is if this guy makes it so I cant own my gun I am going to be very P!ssed off.

Last edited:

highorder

Enlightened
"this guy" can't do anything. votes are the key; vote, get others to vote, and write your representatives.

Phredd

Enlightened
PEU said:
IMHO there lies the problem, the liberty US citizens have on purchasing/carrying/using guns is the main problem here, I know NRA/Pro-gun members will trash my opinion, but hey, its my opinion...

PEU said:
Im not an activist and I don't want to transform this thread in a pro/against guns thread.

IMHO less availability, more strict carrying permits will make the gun violence problem smaller...

Pablo

For someone who doesn't want to transform this thread into a pro/con guns thread, you've injected some strong opinions.

Phredd

Phredd

Enlightened
bwaites said:
My father taught me as a young man that "if guns are criminalized, only criminals will have guns."

I just told my daughter the way I've always heard it, "If they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."

Phredd

vtunderground

Enlightened
The last college shooting in Virginia was stopped by two armed students (Appalachian School of Law, January 2002).

Just wanted to throw that out there.

jtice

Flashaholic
vtunderground said:
The last college shooting in Virginia was stopped by two armed students (Appalachian School of Law, January 2002).

Just wanted to throw that out there.

GOOD FOR THEM ! :thumbsup:

I bet they were both expelled :(

~John

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phredd said:
For someone who doesn't want to transform this thread into a pro/con guns thread, you've injected some strong opinions.

Phredd

I knew I was going to be slammed, and its my understanding that the purpose of this thread is not to discuss about gun laws, so... :poof: I'm gone.

I still believe about what I posted. Sorry for the turbulence

Pablo

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
This event is a TERRIBLE tragedy!! Prayers & positive thoughts to all victims, families, friends, acquaintances, and actually for all of us!

PLEASE keep in mind the ole' "attack the post NOT the poster" and don't turn this into something that must be continued Underground. I'm sure there will be a thread "down there" for those that must "let it out".

:thanks:

aikiman44

Enlightened
Too sad. The 2 students killed in Arizona last month were my son's best friends. Numbing.
I say there should be a cooling off/investigation period before the purchase of any firearm. In Nassau Co., NY, it takes months to acquire a license.
Why isn't this done nationally?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that discussion of gun laws is not particularly appropriate in this instance. Maybe later.

One of my grandma's favorite sayings was "I can't get my mind around it". That's exactly how I feel about this. And profound sadness.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dutch said:
Yup. I have a couple 33 rounders for my G17 for plinking/novelty.

My illustration was going more for the conceal-ability factor.

It would still depend; I've tried the 32 round mag in my Taurus at the gun shop. It was still completely concealed under my jacket while holstered.

:buddies:

Status
Not open for further replies.