Should I pick up the LED Lenser?

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone explain the difference between Coast LED Lenser or Zweibrueder LED Lenser? They both have the same models, with the same specifications. When LED Lenser is mentioned as 'junk' here on CPF, it usually refers to the Coast models. I have a Zweibrueder (made in Germany) variant of the David 15 and the machining and finish quality are outstanding! If you're still considering that Hokus Fokus (or Police Tech Focus), try to find out the difference between Coast and Zweibrueder.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
MikeSalt said:
Can someone explain the difference between Coast LED Lenser or Zweibrueder LED Lenser? They both have the same models, with the same specifications. When LED Lenser is mentioned as 'junk' here on CPF, it usually refers to the Coast models. I have a Zweibrueder (made in Germany) variant of the David 15 and the machining and finish quality are outstanding! If you're still considering that Hokus Fokus (or Police Tech Focus), try to find out the difference between Coast and Zweibrueder.
I have no idea what the difference is but I went ahead and got the Hokus Fokus and have no regrets.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good, good. I'm getting a Fenix P1D-CE (it's on order) soon. But I love my Lenser, the holster and rear clickie are so quick to use on the quickdraw. AA battery convenience is good too. The reason for the Fenix is to replace my bigger, more powerful lights. It's just a bonus that it's so small.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
MikeSalt said:
Good, good. I'm getting a Fenix P1D-CE (it's on order) soon. But I love my Lenser, the holster and rear clickie are so quick to use on the quickdraw. AA battery convenience is good too. The reason for the Fenix is to replace my bigger, more powerful lights. It's just a bonus that it's so small.
My next purchase will be a CREE of some type.

I just have to have a clickie :laughing:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
MikeSalt said:

AFAIK there is no difference between Coast and Zweibruder. Zweibruder LED Lenser lights are NOT made in germany, they are made in China, in the exact same factory as the Coast lights. There are even pictures of their factory in china on the zweibruder website, it even says so under the pictures.

Now about the quality, this is all a bit relative. Compared to the $2 flashlights you get at the supermarket or DIY store, the ledlenser lights are great. But when you compare them to the lights that a lot of people on CPF are used to, like Surefire etc., the quality is just complete crap.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not made in Germany? REALLY? I appear to have been mis-sold then. Either way, the quality of my particular one seems to be exceptionally good. But then, my reference point is MagLite, which no-one seems to hold too high an opinion of on here.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
I think most LED Lenser lights are junk.

However the Hocus Focus seems to be quite the gem.

Build quality is very good and this sucker is bright!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK there is no difference between Coast and Zweibruder. Zweibruder LED Lenser lights are NOT made in germany, they are made in China, in the exact same factory as the Coast lights. There are even pictures of their factory in china on the zweibruder website, it even says so under the pictures.

Now about the quality, this is all a bit relative. Compared to the $2 flashlights you get at the supermarket or DIY store, the ledlenser lights are great. But when you compare them to the lights that a lot of people on CPF are used to, like Surefire etc., the quality is just complete crap.

Made in China?
Holy crap!!

:(

Phased_Array

Newly Enlightened
In my quest for the ultimate aspheric lense thrower. The PX45 Lenser was a pretty interesting flood/spot concept, and got me interested in the M7R. The M7R is a precision made device using the 18650 in a holder. I can't wait to ream out the body .005 for the 26650. That M7R magnetic charging connector is as advanced as the aspheric lense they use, something only a flashaholic could appreciate! The M7R can really heat up the body on a 'hard push' Turbo mode, the standard 5 modes are on normal pressure switch pushes. The thin wall body may not have enough mass to cool for longer Turbo periods.

Phased_Array

Newly Enlightened
Many companies make things in China, it's the companies that keep engineers there for QC that can produce great products.