Show Us Your EDC Folder

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
This is my current folder; it is a model 83 Tascosa from Great Eastern Cutlery. Prior to that knife I carried the Sebenza Insingo. It is an incredibly well made knife but I just couldn't warm up to it. I really like my little Tascosa lock back.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Storm, that is fine! Also, I snooped through your flickr pics and you have some awesome edc gear. I suggest others do too. That hat clip thing looks neat.

nbp

Flashaholic
Love that Inkosi. Was torn between that and a small 21 for my first CRK. Ended up with a Sm Insingo which I love, and that of course turned into a L Insingo. Haha. Still want to handle an Inkosi at some point though!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love that Inkosi. Was torn between that and a small 21 for my first CRK. Ended up with a Sm Insingo which I love, and that of course turned into a L Insingo. Haha. Still want to handle an Inkosi at some point though!
I think you will LOVE the Inkosi!! It is an awesome, awesome knife. I am really impressed with this knife. I have had a lot of CRK's over the years, and THIS one IS my absolute favorite.

dhunley1

Enlightened
I need to get another CRK. I had a small Starbenza from Wilson Combat, but it was just too small for me, and I like small folders.

I'll probably get a large 21 eventually.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I think you will LOVE the Inkosi!! It is an awesome, awesome knife. I am really impressed with this knife. I have had a lot of CRK's over the years, and THIS one IS my absolute favorite.
I loved the evident quality of my small Sebenza but just never really liked the ergonomics of it. I wonder if the Inkosi could possibly get me interested in another Chris Reeves blade.

nbp

Flashaholic
Pete, have you ever owned a large Seb? I like having the small for dress pants or when around sheeple, but the large is undeniably more comfortable in the hand and much easier to open one-handed. Unless the circumstances dictate the small is better, the large would be my go-to every time.

Note: I have not handled an Inkosi, though, so I cannot speak to the ergos there.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp, I just picked up a 25 to try out. Then, I just sold my large 21 Seb after handling the 25. The finger grooves are just amazing in my paws. So now I have a Mnandi, Small Seb (plain) and a Large Seb 25 (plain). The 25 hands down bar none feels the best. I will likely order a Inkosi to try out. It looks like a improvement over the regular small Seb. Especially if you like the plain ones. It only makes sense to get the Inkosi to me.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp, I just picked up a 25 to try out. Then, I just sold my large 21 Seb after handling the 25. The finger grooves are just amazing in my paws. So now I have a Mnandi, Small Seb (plain) and a Large Seb 25 (plain). The 25 hands down bar none feels the best. I will likely order a Inkosi to try out. It looks like a improvement over the regular small Seb. Especially if you like the plain ones. It only makes sense to get the Inkosi to me.
I really think you will like the Inkosi. If not, you will get your money back, easily. But, I think it will just melt into your hand.

nbp

Flashaholic

You are on a tear my friend! CRK loves you! Haha.. Are you on BladeForums? I recently joined after getting my first Seb so I could hang in the CRK forum, which is a really cool group. Lot's of CPFers over on BF, it was pretty fun to see everyone!

That is interesting that you liked the 25, I'm glad you found what works! I went with the 21s because of the "dummy proof" qualities when it comes to disassembly/reassembly/tightening (though I have not actually done this yet) and the fact that they come in Insingo flavor. Both my Lg and Sm are Insingos and I love this blade shape! I really wanted an Inkosi but couldn't find them in stock when I was looking to buy so I went with the Sm Insingo first, and really do like it. I am still intrigued by the Inkosi though! Mnandis are very pretty, I just haven't figured out a place where I would carry an Mnandi and not a Sm Sebbie... I'm a user of all my gear; if it just sits too long it gets sold for something different. So many things to try, only a few dollars to spread between them! Haha. Maybe I can find some lightly used Mnandi and or Inkosi and see if I like them and sell what I like least of the various models.

I really think you will like the Inkosi. If not, you will get your money back, easily. But, I think it will just melt into your hand.

How do you personally feel the Inkosi stacks up against the Sm 21?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
TKC, nbp, I was too impatient to wait on a Inkosi, my local dealer only carries the plain small Seb, and Large 21's and 25's. Everything else you must order. So, I just as well order it for myself. For the 25, when they got some 25s back in stock they called me. I took off for lunch and got one. I was floored at how different it felt in my hand vs. the 21. And, I thought I loved the 21! You get the picture. I think I will order the Inkosi in a few days and put my small Seb up for sale, IF it turns out to be as awesome a difference as the 25 was to the 21. I can't keep them all.
Yup, I am on BF, that is how I scored the Mnandi used. It had just enough carry marks to make it a heck of a deal.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I has been a long time since I have had a small 21, and I loved it. For me, this blows the 21 out of the water. This IS my very favorite knife that CRK has ever made.

I got my Inkosi from Plaza Cutlery. I needed to do lay away, and I knew that they did that, so I bought mine from them. But, True North knives did have some, as did Knife Art.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yup, I am on BF, that is how I scored the Mnandi used. It had just enough carry marks to make it a heck of a deal.

I am looking at the Mnandi. It looks like a gent's knife, that I could use cutting a nice steak, on a wood plate, in a nice restaurant.

Bill

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill, the only things about it that some folks may not be in favor of:
Size, it is pretty small Gents knife. So if you have some big ole meat puppets for hands, it could get lost. But if you buy it, you likely don't plan to chop 2x4s with it anyways.
One hand opening, you can do it. It just takes some practice. At first, I didn't know you could. Then I found a video of a fellow doing it. It was a face palm moment. It is easy.

Reality for me, is I enjoy opening it with two hands. The whole process of drawing it, opening it slowly, then cutting a 2" thick slab of mignon at Ruths Chris is a dream.
Thinking about Mnandi vs Small Seb. You can take the Mnandi on a date with a super model. You can bring the Seb on a date with the chic from the Whitesnake video. They are both gonna cut with quality and feel bank vault solid. One has more panache, the other is a little gaucherie.

Thats about all I can think of. I suggest adding a leather lanyard. It helps remind you that it is clipped to your pocket.

There are two different versions I am aware of. The main difference is a subtle size or design of the nail knick. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you which model mine is.

The knife is very very smooth. When it locks open, it makes a addictive clack sound. It is surprisingly loud actually.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at picking up an Inkosi as a gentleman's EDC knife.

I have a Medford Praetorian Ti coming in the mail and plan to get an XM-18 3", either slicer or Spanto.

The plan is too have a big burly knife, a smaller 3 inch folder, and something slim for EDC with a suit. That IS the plan but I just joined blade forums so that could be dangerous for my bank account.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill, here is mine. I think I posted this pic before somewhere. Anyways, I like it enough to double post. lol This pic gives one a great idea of the knifes size.
727EA8C8-51E6-4D31-A6FF-9E887DC7CB02_zps3vmulu8i.jpg

KaunR, you are in trouble if you join BF. There are some crazy cool knives out there. I have been thinking hard about the Medford knives. I like the idea of a .25" thick folder! What a beast that must be. Some other awesome looking knives are the Marfione. I am torn between them and the Medford. I also like the Curtiss knives. I picked up a Nano recently. It is a slick little blade.

My big burly is a fixed blade: Busse Fat Ash. It is .32" thick. That is a pretty healthy blade. I used it this am to chop through a 1lb gummy bear for my daughters Valentines.
013C7C57-3572-44A1-A3F3-9D88C9DC49A9_zpsckn9fkbp.jpg

Latest posts