Show Us Your EDC Folder

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Benchmade Vallation all metal, no BS. S30V. All I need.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

yeoldoak

Newly Enlightened
My UK compliant public walk about carry. If camping, backpacking etc then I
could take some larger more purposeful camp knife, but otherwise this is my EDC,
my own property, land is another ball park : )
Spyderco UK penknife, 3" Non locking one hand opener.
Spyderco AA Maglite Seiko 5 Auto.JPG

iacchus

Enlightened
Had a spot of downtime today at work, so I decided to freshen up my small Seb 31.
Cleaned all the nooks and crannies, polished the PB washers, added a bit of KPL 15, and slapped it all back together. My favorite thing about a Sebbie (and why I favor it still over the Inkosi), there's no tuning to worry about, you just tighten everything back up good and firm, starting at the tail and it all centers and the action is just as it should be.
Sure, you can't just order another set of washers like you can w/ and Inkosi, but I just remember to be extra careful not to pinch one.

Then a few passes over both sides of a CC4 and it screams again. Maybe 20 minutes start to finish.

20240405-131921.jpg

boo5ted

Enlightened
I've been carrying this one a lot lately, Microtech MSI with carbon scales from Votix EDC. Originally had the orange G10 scales but prefer the look and feel of the carbon instead.

Attachments

• original_d9f0a8ce-1b92-440c-af32-b3b91e4263d0_20240315_083033.jpg
    original_d9f0a8ce-1b92-440c-af32-b3b91e4263d0_20240315_083033.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 28

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
Spent decades of my life looking for a real one-hand knife. Finally Benchmade came up with their Axis Locks, and I went through a series of them. The McHenry was the first one, but the folks at work were skeert by the big blade, so I moved to the smaller Osborne 942. Then things outside got scarier, so the Contego is the current carry.

It was a shock when the discontinues it, so I stocked up with a couple spares.

Over the last couple years I fell into the automatic knife rabbit hole, and now have a boxful. Mostly they're just for fun. Carrying an OTS auto kinda sucks; I can flip open an Axis knife as quick as any switchblade, and I don't have to worry about it getting triggered in my pocket, or having to deal with the Law when I find myself in a Sissy State.

The OTF knives are a different story regarding safety; not possible to screw up, because they're not under spring tension. Microtechs are cool, but for my money, the Guardian Tactical is the one to carry if I'm gonna carry an automatic. Excellent, subtle ergonomics, and the best release of any of my autos.
EDC.jpg

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Spent decades of my life looking for a real one-hand knife. Finally Benchmade came up with their Axis Locks, and I went through a series of them. The McHenry was the first one, but the folks at work were skeert by the big blade, so I moved to the smaller Osborne 942. Then things outside got scarier, so the Contego is the current carry.

Over the last couple years I fell into the automatic knife rabbit hole, and now have a boxful. Mostly they're just for fun. Carrying an OTS auto kinda sucks; I can flip open an Axis knife as quick as any switchblade, and I don't have to worry about it getting triggered in my pocket, or having to deal with the Law when I find myself in a Sissy State.

The OTF knives are a different story regarding safety; not possible to screw up, because they're not under spring tension. Microtechs are cool, but for my money, the Guardian Tactical is the one to carry if I'm gonna carry an automatic. Excellent, subtle ergonomics, and the best release of any of my autos.View attachment 60152

The OTF knives are a different story regarding safety; not possible to screw up, because they're not under spring tension. Microtechs are cool, but for my money, the Guardian Tactical is the one to carry if I'm gonna carry an automatic. Excellent, subtle ergonomics, and the best release of any of my autos.
I own two Benchmade knives. Last one I bought was an Adamas, years ago. Since their ill-advised collaboration with the Oregon authorities' destruction of guns, and their questionable political donations, I have sworn off Benchmade. BTW, they didn't invent the Axis lock. It was Doug Ritter, one of their employees, who they unceremoniously fired, who deserves that credit. After the patent expired, he took the design to Hogue knives and developed the RSK. He improved on the Axis lock and renamed it the Able lock. Since then, I've purchased numerous Spyderco, Kershaw (ZT), Hogue, Microtech and Ritter RSK knives. Doug is also an active advocate for knife rights and deserves support. **** Benchmade!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yup, ever since that Oregon police scandal, Benchmade has seen zero of my money! Spyderco, Kershaw, CRKT, Buck, pretty much every other brand has seen my money. Benchmade never will again.

iacchus

Enlightened
I own two Benchmade knives. Last one I bought was an Adamas, years ago. Since their ill-advised collaboration with the Oregon authorities' destruction of guns, and their questionable political donations, I have sworn off Benchmade. BTW, they didn't invent the Axis lock. It was Doug Ritter, one of their employees, who they unceremoniously fired who deserves that credit. After the patent expired, he took his design to Hogue knives and developed the RSK. Since then, I've purchased numerous Spyderco, Kershaw (ZT), Hogue, Microtech and Ritter RSK knives. Doug is also an active advocate for knife rights and deserves support. **** Benchmade!
I didn't know they fired Doug. That's another dark mark on a once prominent brand.

Glad he went over to Hogue. Another solid American company.

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
from what I understand, Benchmade sawed u a bunch of guns at the request of the loccal police dept. No good deed goes unpunished, and the tendency of conservatives to eat their own, while aided and abetted by the media, which delights in sowing discord among its enemies, elevated this into the sh!tshow it became.

I like the Axis locks. I own several. I don't like to see those on my side slandered and canceled, and I support American industries.

But if y'all want to take a discussion of knives and turn it into a poliical virtue-signaling party, go right ahead, though it seems both mean-spirited and contrary to the purpose of this thread.

I'm talking to YOU, Karen. You know who you are. Report me to the manager, hack my email, and tell facebook what a piece or crap I am.

iacchus

Enlightened
I don't mind Benchmade political views so much really. I haven't seen anything too terrible from them there.
I do think they've lost their mind when it comes to their pricing structure.

I don't buy axis locks either, so that rules out 90% of their options for my uses. Even if I did decide to spend the bugnuts amount of money they want for their knives these days.

Hell, Spyderco isn't far behind them, but at least Spyderco offers a neverending variety of interesting steel for the money.

yearnslow

Enlightened
I've said it before, Knife companies these days just see what they can get away with price wise, Benchmade is a good example.
There are many others, most recently Microtech's partnering with Rike, basically cutting their American labour costs.
Peoples lives are being ruined.

The USA and most of Europe, will live to regret most of it's corporations actions in relation to China.
But as Gordon Gekko said, Greed is good.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well for those who hate guns and freedom....

Benchmade also has a zero tolerance policy on weed.
Doesn't even matter if an employee actually has glaucoma.
Along with a prescription for medical marijuana.
Partaking is strictly against company policy, and if caught; fired!

Back in the day when the CEO of the company decided all Benchmade models would be Made in America, customers cheered the decision. (Even though there actually were quite a few good made in China Benchmade models.) Here's the thing though, rather than enjoy the absolutely free positive publicity, Les DeAsis actually went out of his way to publicly announce that THAT decision had literally nothing to do with Patriotism. Nothing to do with Pro-American. He somewhat politely gave all of his American customers The Finger by saying the decision was just so they could keep a closer eye on quality control. Nothing else.

I mean, why would you do that? Massive amounts of free, positive publicity, but you hate America so much that you're going to quash immediately. Meanwhile those of us familiar with Les from back in the day already knew what an America-hating jerk he's always been. The company donates massive amounts of money every year to far Left organizations that are not just Anti-2A but anti-American, and anti-the rest of the constitution too.

Oh, and here's the real issue with what Benchmade pulled along with the Oregon Authorities. See, those guns they cut up weren't all that were used in the commission of crimes by violent offenders who didn't legally own them. Quite a number had been confiscated under troubling circumstances. Many were legally owned by those whose 2A rights were never stripped away from them. That's what the mass media didn't bother reporting. Also, any unsolved murders possibly out there? Well, good luck solving those at all since the weapons were destroyed by Benchmade with the approval of Law Enforcement.

Yeah, that's a little something called "Accessory after the fact." Basically Benchmade has been run by scumbags, and it has been for decades. They took their scumbagery too far with the latest scandal. Heck, you had a number of different knife brands whose owners publicly denounced Benchmade for their behavior. Including Sal over at Spyderco, and Lynn at Cold Steel (back before he sold the company). Seriously, the folks over at Benchmade made Lynn Thompson look good. Lynn.... arguably the most hated and controversial member of the Industry! (Well, not anymore.) What worthless pieces of trash are you, that you make Lynn Thompson look GOOD; by comparison. That's really saying something.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened

The OTF knives are a different story regarding safety; not possible to screw up, because they're not under spring tension. Microtechs are cool, but for my money, the Guardian Tactical is the one to carry if I'm gonna carry an automatic. Excellent, subtle ergonomics, and the best release of any of my autos.View attachment 60152
My old trusty leatherman wave is my EDC but when its time to double up the Osborne designs are a winner. I like the contego but find it a little big to carry so it lives in the knife box. Its little brother the Rift is more my size. Through some twist in fate, a Chinese Gonzo rift clone came my way and it feels much nicer in hand so the Benchmade Rift is living with its big brother in the box as well.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Randomly grabbed these for today.

:aaa:

Attachments

• original_244615e0-f5a4-4b34-aabe-0b36475eeea6_20240407_113430.jpg
    original_244615e0-f5a4-4b34-aabe-0b36475eeea6_20240407_113430.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 16