• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I kept one Solarforce SS left. Scared to use it ahha.

I only own two P60 hosts. They arrived yesterday. Does this make me a "P60 guy" yet?

Two more different beams don't exist side by side, a 4000k high-CRI SST20 mule and a 6800k W1.1 pencil beam thrower.

Those poor SST20's are so crowded!

My initial thoughts on the SLN...I was prepared for a monstrous brick, but it isn't as large or heavy as all the hype. It's not for skinny jeans pockets, but it isn't a blfgt. The wall of light from that awesome mule is a thing to behold. I'll be using for photography, as a nightlight, camp light, work light in the garage, etc.

And, that 1.1 thrower is really special. My suburban neighborhood isn't big enough to see how it really throws, so I can't wait to get it out to stretch it's legs. 200 yards down my street wasn't even close to enough room!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
FYI

12 LED in LilVortex is really pulling a lot of current. The reverse switch I am have been using seem to hold up fine. However until twisty tail cap is available, it is our weakest link for this particular light engine.

I would like to make more design changes to the twisty tail cap so that its way more comfortable to pocket carry, yet easy to twist and slim profile VS our current design...Hopefully reduce costs also so everyone with an SLN can get one.

SLN body ends are fitted with 2 type of Orings. Orings nearer to the center of the body will be called Inner Orings. The inner orings are fatter than the outer Orings to for extreme water resistance. The Outer Orings are the same type as body grip Orings and are thinner for easy tail cap installation. If you have weaker hand strength you may remove the Inner Oring and replace it with the outer Oring. Leave the outer groove blank. This should still provide adequate water resistance for normal use and provide ease of tail cap assembly. You may find the tail cap on SLN a bit hard to thread initially but that is by designed to have very strong threads which can hold up to the abuse as we have seen in the torture videos.

If you have any other concerns please share it here so we can work it out together. The SLN is not simply one light so slight tweaks here and there are necessary to accommodate different light engines per its specifications.

Samlittle

Enlightened
"The reverse switch I am have been using seem to hold up fine... it is our weakest link for this particular light engine."

How might this weakness manifest itself?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
"The reverse switch I am have been using seem to hold up fine... it is our weakest link for this particular light engine."

How might this weakness manifest itself?

Extended long run might melt the switch? Although I have not been able to melt one yet but its a possibility.

Keitho

Enlightened
I kept one Solarforce SS left. Scared to use it ahha.
By almost any measure, that L2T stainless is a beast. I have it in my pocket for a 2nd day in a row, because it is such a beast of a thrower in such a tidy, shiny package. But, next to the SLN, almost any light looks petite!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you did not get a Sky Lumen Lanyard with your SLN order please remind me to send you 1 on your next order. Thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
We need more posts in this thread. Just sayin'...

Agreed! I'm very eager for mine. I'm excited about the SLN and it's engine full of XPL..... V6's? I think that's the brightest bin right now?

But yes, it's nice that members have taken the time to post pictures of their lights and share their impressions.

daffy

Enlightened
Night beamshot with Iphone X camera, on bike track next to railway line so its very dark
4DAiy8z.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have decided to make a completely new design for the Tail cap...Hopefully this is a good idea. I will share the drawings when I have it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is the current design that I fear is uncomfortable for carry and is only beneficial for divers.
UulMWSP.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It puts the light out there no doubt about that, takes a bit of getting used to but its growing on me.
I already have red and green LED lights so wanted a blue beam one to complete the collection.

I enjoy colored led's as well, keeps things fresh. I have a FW3c with blue secondaries, love it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is the current design that I fear is uncomfortable for carry and is only beneficial for divers.

You could always go with a slightly tamed down version of the current design. The design itself looks very nice, perhaps just reduce the height of the bumps and make more of them. The trit slots on the end are nice.

Zandar

Enlightened
I think I would not have a real problem with carrying the twisty, perhaps as Patriot said more faceted sides would aide in ease of twisting? How many of the special limited edition twisty, with trits on the tail cap spelling out "SLN" do you plan to make and will they be serial numbered to match the clicky caps?

Last edited:

Latest posts