SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

the HB is legit.
it's got additional AU certification or something, and is mostly targeted at AU market

yes time to press buttons. 2 from the lower row plus 1 from the upper row. then check if it's unlocked.

more i wan't say :sssh:

:hitit:

tjh

Enlightened

To Enable RAM:

Hold down "Down, Enter and 4"

Tada. You can enable RAM.

Yes but it does not seem to always work - for me anyway.

Also, it looks like "Down + Enter + any one of the numbers 1 to 4" works just as well too. But again not always. It Seems I need to have two or three goes at it and also to get out of Setup between different goes at Enabling RAM. ?????

To Enable RAM: Hold down "Down, Enter and 4" Tada. You can enable RAM.

MarioJP

Enlightened

Yes but it does not seem to always work - for me anyway.

Also, it looks like "Down + Enter + any one of the numbers 1 to 4" works just as well too. But again not always. It Seems I need to have two or three goes at it and also to get out of Setup between different goes at Enabling RAM. ?????
I got it to work on the first try. Be sure that you go to setup first and do the 3 combo press and enable RAM. Press and hold down enter and 4 exactly in that order.

Last edited:

Aha - I was assuming the three buttons have to be held down SIMULTANEOUSLY from something kreisl wrote above. But if there also has to be a SEQUENCE in which they are held down as you suggest, the correct sequence in addition to the numbers themselves, may be part of the unlocking code !? ..... I will experiment more tonight when I get home.

I got it to work on the first try. Be sure that you go to setup first and do the 3 combo press and enable RAM. Press and hold down enter and 4 exactly in that order.

terjee

Enlightened

Aha - I was assuming the three buttons have to be held down SIMULTANEOUSLY from something kreisl wrote above. But if there also has to be a SEQUENCE in which they are held down as you suggest, the correct sequence in addition to the numbers themselves, may be part of the unlocking code !? ..... I will experiment more tonight when I get home.

As I understand it, Skyrc doesn't mind people using the charger for actual RAM-batteries. They were never a great success though, so relatively few people actually have them. My guess is that they're just worried about safety, if people try charging "normal" alkaline cells. They've also stated that they don't mind sending you the code, if you mail them with proof of purchase of RAM-batteries.

MarioJP

Enlightened

Why even include RAM program in the first place? You can't even buy RAM batteries from Amazon.

To be as UNIVERSAL as possible - even if hardly anyone wants to use it. You can get RAM batteries elsewhere albeit not from Amazon.

Why even include RAM program in the first place? You can't even buy RAM batteries from Amazon.

MarioJP

Enlightened

I did wish for NiZn to succeed. That chemistry had potential and could of replaced NiMh and is much safer than Li-ion. Now that this charger supports it. Too late now.

Viking

Enlightened

My unit is Firmware 1.02 and Hardware 1.04, bought in december, no updates.
As expected I couldn't lock up the hidden RAM feature, but I tried anyway.
But something other strange thing happened.

When pressing and holding "down", "Enter" and "1" at the same time in set-up mode. The screen shows 2 upstanding rectangular with two squares in the left rectangular. The upper square is empty, while the lower says: by ZXP

In the right rectangular there are 3 squares, The upper Shows:
Score

The middle square shows:
Level

And the lowest square shows:
Lines

When pressing and holding "down", "Enter" and "2" at the same time (also in set-up mode). There is a dot and a bar in the left area of the screen, the latter is moving from left to right.

When pressing and holding "down", "Enter" and "3" at the same time in set-up mode. The below apear on the screen, and start counting down.

Level:1
00:03:20
Steps:000

It looks like an easter egg, a game of some sort.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

My unit is Firmware 1.02

sounds like debugging mode or something

you must update, then that weird screen view will be fixed/gone, it was listed under (k#51):poke:

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened

Viking

Enlightened

I'm not so sure it's a bug.
The word "score" "level 01" and a bar moving sounds a lot like a game.
But I was a chicken and pulled the plug ;-)

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay maybe it is a game but then only for internal practice coding or whatnot, nothing sanctioned by sky official, sorry

Viking

Enlightened

Tried to push some buttons while in the 3 modes, and there are little doubt they are games alright.
The first game is tetris of some sort.

The second game I can't figure out, but you can move the bar and dot pushing the keys.
In the third game, I now see there is a man inside som boxes at the left side of the screen you can move around by pushing the keys, I haven't figured the game out yet.

MarioJP

Enlightened

I found the RAM program being useful after all. The Termination voltage and current can be handy for Eneloops, eliminating the top-off trickle charge. Doing tests of how this program treats Eneloops. So far it's showing potential to fine tune of charging NiMH cells. if this pans out. I'll use this mode instead of Eneloop or NiMh lol.

Why there's no termination current for Eneloop and NiMh? That's the only difference in RAM, that it has Termination current.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

afaik the implemented RAM algorithm uses "pulsed" CC-CV for charging, someting like dad.

Eneloop algorithm uses MH-C9000 method in Dummy UI Mode and "constant current" charging with Delta Peak (-dV) method in the other two UI modes. No termination current involved during charging.

You can turn off Top-off charge aka Trickle charge as you know.

sorry for the air quotes. hah

MarioJP

Enlightened

Oh, but that's only in dummy mode correct?

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes, only in Dummy mode.

MarioJP

Enlightened

I didn't know that. Thanks lol.

Latest posts