SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want to understand the dichotomy of the whole story of design, implementation, and support of this product, you need only goto the web site product page and read the first 5 lines following 'Insane Performance'.

Just sayin'. I have no further information or comment. Take from it what you will.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read all the stuff in the previous posts regarding the internal resistance being off on the v2.17 and v2.18 firmware versions and I can confirm that it was indeed the case with my new unit using the v2.18 firmware.
I just realized that I feel pretty silly that after having discussed this 'issue' for a while now, I've never asked the obvious, fundamental question:

Does anyone in fact know if this issue is known by or has been reported to the manufacturer by anyone through any channel? Is it possible they might be completely unaware of it?

(cc @Mandrake50)

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just realized that I feel pretty silly that after having discussed this 'issue' for a while now, I've never asked the obvious, fundamental question:

Does anyone in fact know if this issue is known by or has been reported to the manufacturer by anyone through any channel? Is it possible they might be completely unaware of it?

**********CONFIRMATION BUMP**********

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question that may apply only to firmware 1.18, or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I would like to temporarily change an option in a program to run once, without permanently changing the program. In the cheat sheet, under "Change Program options" the final step says,

"8. Press-and-hold to SAVE and EXIT"

but it has the following footnote:

"If -instead of step 8- you press-and-hold a Ready slot number button, the parameter changes you made will be in effect once and for this one selected slot only.
The changes will NOT be saved to the Program number you selected but discarded as soon as the slot is ready again.
Useful for creating and starting temporary similar programs based on a saved program."

When I try that, it also saves permanent changes to the program. In other words, step 8 footnote still saves the changes to the program number, and then starts the program in the slot I press & hold.

My MC3000 is new, and running firmware 1.18. I never have used any version prior to this. Is this something that used to work, and was changed in 1.18? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any pointers.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question that may apply only to firmware 1.18, or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I would like to temporarily change an option in a program to run once, without permanently changing the program. In the cheat sheet, under "Change Program options" the final step says,

"8. Press-and-hold to SAVE and EXIT"

but it has the following footnote:

"If -instead of step 8- you press-and-hold a Ready slot number button, the parameter changes you made will be in effect once and for this one selected slot only.
The changes will NOT be saved to the Program number you selected but discarded as soon as the slot is ready again.
Useful for creating and starting temporary similar programs based on a saved program."

When I try that, it also saves permanent changes to the program. In other words, step 8 footnote still saves the changes to the program number, and then starts the program in the slot I press & hold.

My MC3000 is new, and running firmware 1.18. I never have used any version prior to this. Is this something that used to work, and was changed in 1.18? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any pointers.

I understand your post, and had previously noted this in the documentation as something I needed to verify, but had not yet done so. Thanks for prompting me to do it;-) I'll verify this on V1.15, and if no one else has addressed your post, I will post my observations after I check it.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand your post, and had previously noted this in the documentation as something I needed to verify, but had not yet done so. Thanks for prompting me to do it;-) I'll verify this on V1.15, and if no one else has addressed your post, I will post my observations after I check it.

Thanks. Yes, it would be interesting to know if this works in firmware 1.15. If it does, that might be a reason for me to downgrade.

The latest manual (1.20, dated 2022) doesn't mention this trick at all, so maybe it was never supported, or removed recently? It's only mentioned in the cheat sheet, which is a few years old.