Sneak Preview - Plugin AAA LED Adapter

hideo

Enlightened
more whimpering--the fabricator (or their accounting department)needs to look at this thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hideo

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Contemplates starting everyone off yelling WE WANT INFO!...but decides for the sake of self-preservation and general keeping of the peace not to*

Okay, when these arrive, if they're cheap enough (and available to the UK :groan: ), I'll certainly be getting one. Always like the form factor of the Solitaire, and the ability to focus the beam...shame that a candle gives off more light.
Obviously, it'll never replace my ArcAAA, but at least I'd have a small light that I wouldn't be scared of lending to my father in case he lost it or something!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good things comes to all those who wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

BLU3_SHOCK

Newly Enlightened
somebody said something about the cone shape yes they are really good with that shape i belive it puts out a 180 degree viewing angle because one of my friend brought a few stock like that and thats what he told my the company said to him then he showed me and i was amased. that and this looks to be a good product.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
First post said... "Look for this to be available in the next few weeks.....".
This was more than 3 months ago... still no news?

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm looking forward to it. Just think, you can put it in a solitaire, and carry it in your pocket until the finish rubs off the solitaire, then buy another and put it in the new one.... a red one, then a blue one, silver, black.... the choices are mind boggling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Re 2aaa Minimag conversions: there's some lithium AAA batteries (1.7 volts one assumes) coming out in August. If you put two of those in a 2aaa minimag, that should be enough to direct drive a 3mm LED at reasonable brightness without needing any converters. Runtime should be enormous.

Of course if you just want a 2aaa LED light, UKE makes a very nice waterproof one with a boost converter that's $10.00 at Countycomm.

If you just want a cheap 1AAA LED light, try the Dorcy which is about $6 at Walmart, I'm told.

I really hate the Solitaire. The ones I've had, have had completely flaky battery contacts. You can get CMG Sonics in various colors for $11.99 from TTS. They're not as nice as the Arc AAA, but they sure beat the Solitaire.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
Last word was late February or early March.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Still no news?