So Cal Get Together - Saturday December 15th

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Mark I seemed to have missed that post.
I would not say it is pathetic compared to the Blitz because size has to be factored into the total equation.
I can't wait to see some of the other things that you referred to that you had to leave at home because you could not transport them.

Take Care & Thanks Again,
mtbkndad :wave:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going in March for sure.
Sounds likely this will happen do to so much interest, although nobody has yet to set it up. I did contact the main ranger office to check on conflicking closing times (sunset and 10 pm) I found on their website for Lake Hollywood Park. After they reviewed their muni code the answer is the park is in two sections; the overlook for the lake and dam closes at sunset, while the grassy picnic area we are considering closes at 10:30 pm. I asked about an after hours use permit and I've been referred to the parks and rec permits and administration office. I'll call tomorrow to see if it's a possibility.

PGP

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I dont get a chance to log on here as much as I used too and when I do I get into the other threads catching up on them that I forget to check the get-together threads.

OK, will try to remember to PM you. Write yourself a timed email reminder for around late Feb to look here for any threads on a possible early March (before Daylight Saving Time) get together.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got ahold of the Los Angeles Parks and Recreation Permit Office. They advised me they don't issue use permits for anything beyond the closing time of any park. Lake Hollywood Park is still available up to 10:30 pm if anyone wants to hold it there. Since it's not patrolled and gated shut like Griffith Park, you may be able to slide past 10:30 pm if nobody in the surrounding neighborhood was disturbed. I hope this information is helpful to whoever hosts the next get-together. :)

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any of you guys contacted regarding a tour of their Fountain Valley facilities? That would be something us SoCal CPFers would have somewhat of an exclusive to, due to proximity. In any event, hope to see you guys at the next meet :twothumbs !

robo21

Enlightened
I finally got ahold of the Los Angeles Parks and Recreation Permit Office. They advised me they don't issue use permits for anything beyond the closing time of any park. Lake Hollywood Park is still available up to 10:30 pm if anyone wants to hold it there. Since it's not patrolled and gated shut like Griffith Park, you may be able to slide past 10:30 pm if nobody in the surrounding neighborhood was disturbed. I hope this information is helpful to whoever hosts the next get-together. :)

Are we still looking toward March 9th?

RichW

Newly Enlightened
I'm game. How about everyone interested post what days they are available ? Any day in Feb/March/April is good for me except for March 10th-17th.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mid-March is better for me than late March. We are going backpacking late March or early April. Would hate to wind up with an overlap!