So Malkoff has 1x21700 bodies now. Waiting on 2x21700

JP031716

Newly Enlightened
I looked through this thread along with the Front Porch and didn't see anything related to a potential Tri-cap for the MD21700. Mine just arrived yesterday and I love it but has anyone heard anything about Gene creating a tri-cap for the MD21700 body to prevent rolling? Just waiting on some 21700 cells to arrive. I'm not so much worried about a clip since this fat boy won't get EDC'ed.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Anyone that has a 21700 body from malkoff ever notice how many and how fine the threads are on the tail cap? I think his plan is to make another section that screws onto this to make it a 2X21700. Just something I was thinking about.

doctorbrownbear

Newly Enlightened
I looked through this thread along with the Front Porch and didn't see anything related to a potential Tri-cap for the MD21700. Mine just arrived yesterday and I love it but has anyone heard anything about Gene creating a tri-cap for the MD21700 body to prevent rolling? Just waiting on some 21700 cells to arrive. I'm not so much worried about a clip since this fat boy won't get EDC'ed.
I took the fenix pd36R clip people have previously recommended and modified it to work as a roll guard. Super simple. Cut off the clip, bent the remaining with pliers, smoothed the rough edges with some 80 grit sandpaper (will remove black anodizing). I got "fancy" and ended with some 220 grit to polish. I feel like it's the slimmest option, all the rubber roll guard sleeves add too much width. Also the clip is super cheap ($2) so I bought a couple for trial and error. "Fenix two way body clip". Haven't heard about a tricap coming out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 33

Lights and Guns

Enlightened
I don't like how slick it is, so I wrapped it with #26 bank line. Where you pull the line back through to secure it acts as anti-roll.

View attachment 61673

View attachment 61674

Carry On!
I've had to do something similar.
Love the light, 21700 with HD 18650 on it. Very capable.
But man, is his finish SLICK... Not a fan of the finish at all could have done a much better job with it for sure. Wonder why he decided to go this route.