So, what is your profession?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
postal worker (currently..). If you're ever in downtown Portland,OR..and stop by Portland State University.. you'll find me prowling Cramer Hall delivering mail on campus.Just ask for Mike.

djblank87

Enlightened
Former Military U.S. Air Force...

Currently Security Officer at a Hospital....

Soon to be a LEO with LVMPD...........:thumbsup:

I have a huge security/law enforcement background with training in different aspects of Anti-Terrorism. I also have been training in BJJ and Muay Thai since I was 16 years old and love (MMA) Mixed Martial Arts, I'm 27 now.

Newly Enlightened
There's a huge variety of different professions on this forum. Anyone want to know what happens when we all got sent back to the dawn of civilization? Can the combined expertise (and EDC) of our members allow for a grand society to be built?

On topic... I just finished a Master's degree in engineering and am currently a research scientist at a university, advancing the evil liberal global warming conspiracy. In fact, as an undergrad I was the (uncredited) intern that did the grunt work on the sea ice extent measurements, which involved loading and unloading discs full of data, processing them and then tabulating the results. I'm currently waiting for scholarship results to see if I can be fully funded for a Ph.D. in engineering.

During my undergrad days, I also interned as an IT analyst, as an MRI imaging scientist and as a visual effects software developer.

Amandrew

Newly Enlightened
WOW! Its been a while for this thread. lol. Ill partisipate. I work for a company that is contracted through all the railroads to clean up train wrecks and train de-railments. I know what your thinking. How many trail wrecks are there? well if everyone knew about them the railroad wouldn't get much buisness and enviromentalists would be all over them. :sssh:. I thought this would be a cake job when I first hired on lol. Just wait around for train wrecks huh? sweet. I was wrong, still an awesome job though.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Union Electrician/Hydro Tech. for one of the local Dams in the area. Former Judo/Aikido player then dabbled into BJJ. Get to use my lights everyday (Quark neut. tact. AA2 or pd30) which is *one* of the neat things about working at a 11 unit Hydro Plant. Its pretty spooky to go into a scroll case w/ lights on high and notice the nice little leaks spewing from the head gates ( the only separation between you and the Tenn. river). Thats when I switch back to *Low*.:D

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Thought I would jump in. I was a UNIX Systems Administrator for 20 years almost to the date. Then got promoted to MIS Manager for almost 5 years now. Happy Mods!

dcycleman

Enlightened
frame to finish carpenter, remodeler too. I do anything from a finish grade set of oak stairs to roofing.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm now between gigs. No longer Pressure Washer fixer.

Now I'll be an on the road upgrader of Dish Soap and Disinfectant dispensers for SSDC.

Can't wait to get out there and get to work because A: I'll be good at it and B: We need the money BAD!

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
Right now I'm an office manager in an automotive shop. But I've had many hats, dishwasher, mechanic, Air Force, professional photographer. I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up, so I'm trying everything.

ejot

Enlightened
I design equipment for semiconductor wafer processing. Mainly single-sided wet etch process and tool engineering for now.

Some of our technologies are used in LED production. :grin2:

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
I'm a hydraulic engineer living in Leeds, Yorkshire UK.

The clocks have recently gone back so now dark early :laughing:

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
I'm a Telecommunications Technician and Network Engineer in my real job. I'm also a part time misanthrope on the side (really depends on the mood I'm in at the moment, but it can be pretty peaceful and quiet!) :thumbsup: lovecpf

E1B

Newly Enlightened
I'm a Correctional Officer, or a "COI"

Missouri Dept. of corrections.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
My first job was a Press Operator (went to a technical high school), wanted to go into LE became a Security Officer (worked mostly in hospitals) and somehow now I am a Parking Enforcement Officer in Pasadena, CA (swing shift so I get to use my flashlights quite often).

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Been mostly retired for a couple years now. Was a chemist for 33 years at an animal diagnostic lab. Am a part-time Duty Officer at a local YMCA two or three mornings a week. My wife isn't ready to let me totally retire. Besides, it gives me flashlight money.

Geoff

Latest posts