Solarforce L2-R2 5 mode , 3.7-4.2v Review !

alohaluau

Newly Enlightened
old4570.. thanks... not sure how I missed that! I wonder if the quality of the white SF brand Li-Ions is better than the unbranded blue label versions that the solarforcestore supplies with their lights?

G'day DHart,

I have purchased a pair of protected SolarForce 18650s for my Tiablo ACE and so far been quite happy with them, don't have the unprotected ones to compare with. Probably not as good as AW imo, once again don't have any to compare with, but rate them better than the UF/TF ones from DX.

The L2 looks very tempting, but have been restraining myself from pressing the "Buy Now" button due to me being :broke: after purchasing the ACE and A9 Collimator upgrade... :mecry:

SolarForce L2 wishlisted!

Cheers,
Luau

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well , there 2400mA Protected cells , so Id say better / butt !!! :popcorn:
Deff expensive .. My Ultrafire Protected 18650 2400mA were ?? $7.60 a pair !

Im buying a pair of Ultrafire 3000mA Protected 18650 next ...

Matt

Last edited:

sv_sniper

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I am lurking for SolarForce L2 for a while. According to the OP, I need to get one for sure.

By the way, is it possible to drop-in any MC-E or SSC on this host?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes ! Check the thread :
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/228183

Picture of my Solarforce L2 Mini - MC-E

390_b1.jpg

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wrapping aluminum foil around the Pill would certainly seem to have helped , it seems to heat sink much better now .
:wave:

Nice tip.
I received my diy solarforce kit from the bay yesterday (l2+l2m body). I did also receive a deerelight 3SD 5B Q4 w/SMO, and a dx mc-e drop in. So naturally i used a lot of foil switching between modules all day:thinking:
At work today i grabbed some brass plates that we use to align engines with transmissions. (0,1mm 0,2mm 0,3mm) I found out that the 0,3mm brass plate gives a extremely nice and tight fit for all my drop-in modules. The plate stays in the body when switching pills, so no more foil wrapping for me.:twothumbs Now i almost instantly feel the heat from the mc-e drop-in.
solarf.jpg

Latest posts