• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT:Custom CR2 Body for Fenix

edison

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom CR2 Body for Fenix

nekomane said:
Why mod this nice AA Lux light? Why use expensive lithiums? Is it really necessary to
make the Fenix smaller?.......
Why mod it? Because you can! Reason enough. This looks like a really cool product.
Just because I don't want to buy it doesn't mean that I don't recognize its potential value to others.

Honestly, the only thing that would make me buy a product of this type would be a "short as possible" CR123 "twisty" body without any tailcap opening. Its intended mate would be a L2P head. Only two seals and maximum miniaturization/compatibility with the most common primary lithium cell.

47s has a good point about the body diameter. It would prompt more people to buy, but would also be more expensive to produce since you would have to turn it differently.

Anyway, you will get more buyers in the CPF market if you make a 1x123 tube threaded for the stock tailcap. Exactly like what you've already made but 123 length. Just my worthless drunk $0.02.

Best wishes for profit, in this market and the others. Very cool product.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonAddict, no I have not thought about an AA body.
A 3xDcell body may be in the pipeline though... :nana:

To all who have Paypaled, your packages went out about an hour ago.
PMs have been sent to all who have shown interest, please let me know if I missed anyone.

Thank you!

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

edison, wow thanks for the kind words!

Making the body flush with the bezel/tail shouldn't add much cost to the machining. The only reason
it was made this way in the first place was because the material on hand for the prototype was
this diameter :)
After reading 4sevens and your opinions, yeah, I should have had them made that way, too late though..

To fit a CR123, the ID of the tube must be at least 16.7mm. The narrowest OD of the current CR2 tube
(where the O-ring grooves are) is 16.00. Simply making the tube fatter will not work but using thinner
O-rings may be a solution.

Your idea for a 123 twisty sounds good too. The body would be shorter, and more reliable than a
mechanical switch. But calculating battery length tolerances, making the walls thinner etc brings upon a
bunch of headaches for me. Just making the piece offered here, which is a simple tube threaded
in the same way on both ends, was challenging :sweat:

elnino

Enlightened

I would be interested in one. Thanks.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

To those who have concerns about running an L1P head at 3V, I agree that there is the potential for problems, since the design of the driver is made for a max of 1.5V (...1.7V of a lithium AA seem to be OK as well). To "ease" your concerns a little, I'd like to add that I've been running my L1P off of a 3V lithium AA sized cell taken from a Duracell Ultra CRV3 battery, and to this point, have experienced no problems. The cells I'm using are each putting out 3.17V. While the light does get noticably warmer than when I'm running it on a standard lithium AA cell, it has yet to reach the point of being "uncomfortably" warm. As far as the output is concerned when running my particular L1P on the CRV3 cell, there is a VERY noticable increase in output...in fact, when running it on the CRV3 cell, it's output is slightly brighter than my McClux III PD w/TWOJ! As has already been stated, you should run the L1P head on 3V at your own risk! Just because mine and others' L1P's seem to be doing OK at 3V doesn't mean yours will! Also, I think using 14500 LIon cells would be pushing it a bit too far, since they can come off the charger in excess of 4V. FYI...YMMV!

PJD

AW

Newly Enlightened

Not if you are using a L1P v2.0, it can be driven by a LiIon cell without any problem :

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1252231#post1252231

I have tested my L1P v2.0 on a protected 14500 and the current draw is 390mA which I considered very safe to the Lux I. It should work on a RCR2 also. Since the Fenix circuit is doing a pretty good job of draining a battery, you should use a protected LiIon cell ( 14500 or RCR2 ) if you choose this configuration.

I 'll take one. Please PM your PP address :thanks:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

speederino, Maro, Cmoore, elnino: shipped today.
Frenchy yours will go out tomorrow.
AW PM sent with paypal details.
PJD and AW, thanks for the info :thanks:

edison

Enlightened

nekomane said:
edison, wow thanks for the kind words!.......
You're welcome. :grin2:

And thank you for such a detailed reply. I learned a lot from it.

The whole time I was reading your first post I was thinking, "Why is this goofball making these for CR2 cells? He would sell a lot more of them if they were 123 length. Does he have a huge stash of CR2s or something weird like that?"

I've never owned a CR2 light or even seen a real CR2 cell. Every time I see a picture of one it just looks like a short 123. I always assumed (incorrectly) that they were the same diameter.

Anyway, now it makes sense. :)

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

edison said:
"Why is this goofball making these for CR2 cells?"
Well, however you put it, I admit that I am a goofball. It's rather nice once you realize it yourself :lolsign:
Cheers mate!

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice looking work. Can you make an N cell body for the L0P? I'd buy on of those in an instant. :)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

If they are still avalible, I'll take one!
PM sent.

Last edited:

doctorf

Newly Enlightened

nekomane,
Hello.
PM sent.

Thank you.
doctorf

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

dede, doctorf : ready to ship but waiting for 'local' mail :)
Zionxem, Roy : Shipped out 20 miniutes ago.

PhotonAddict

Enlightened

Hope you weren't offended by my comment. No criticism was intended - I think these are a great idea. :thumbsup:

If there are any more available, I would be interested in one as well.

nekomane said:
PhotonAddict, no I have not thought about an AA body.
A 3xDcell body may be in the pipeline though... :nana:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonAddict, No offence taken at all! :laughing: In fact I got the same request from another person too.
PM heading your way shortly :thanks: