• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT:Custom CR2 Body for Fenix

edison

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom CR2 Body for Fenix

nekomane said:
Well, however you put it, I admit that I am a goofball. It's rather nice once you realize it yourself :lolsign:
Cheers mate!
From one goofball to another! :buddies:
Cheers mate. :drunk: :duh2:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maro san, thank you for letting me know, these seem to be more popular in Japan :laughing:
Ty_Bower, no plans for a L0P n-cell, though I like the idea a lot! I'm sure it would not be difficult to make
but I don't even have an L0P nor the time right now :banghead:

Cmoore

Enlightened

nekomane said:
edison, wow thanks for the kind words!

Making the body flush with the bezel/tail shouldn't add much cost to the machining. The only reason
it was made this way in the first place was because the material on hand for the prototype was
this diameter :)
After reading 4sevens and your opinions, yeah, I should have had them made that way, too late though..

To fit a CR123, the ID of the tube must be at least 16.7mm. The narrowest OD of the current CR2 tube
(where the O-ring grooves are) is 16.00. Simply making the tube fatter will not work but using thinner
O-rings may be a solution.

The mismatch in tube diameter may offer some pluses. I'm thinking of using a piece of bicycle tire inner tube, or something similar, to make up the difference. This could function as a means to bite the light when using your mouth to hold it. I've also thought about putting some luminescent tape around the CR2 tube.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

edison

Enlightened

Cmoore said:
The mismatch in tube diameter may offer some pluses. I'm thinking of using a piece of bicycle tire inner tube, or something similar, to make up the difference. This could function as a means to bite the light when using your mouth to hold it. I've also thought about putting some luminescent tape around the CR2 tube.

Any other ideas?
I'd recommend using shrink tube. Here is a related thread. :)

AW

Newly Enlightened

Nekomane,

Got mine today. Nice packing. The anodize match the Fenix nicely. Thanks!
I am running my L1P v 2.0 on a protected RCR2 and it works great :rock:

PICT0479.jpg

onthebeam

Enlightened

OK, so will the brightness change comparing the standard Fenix L1P with AA Lithiums to the CR2 lithium?

Does anyone have beamshot comparisons if a change of brightness has been noted???

much thanks!

Lintott

Newly Enlightened

RCR2 seem to work with L1P 2.0, but would an RCR2 work with the L1P 2.5 without frying the light?

Cheers

Last edited:

Cmoore

Enlightened

I received my two CR2 tubes Nekomane -- very nicely made and well packaged too.

I'm using mine with a L2P head and primary CR2 battery.

JackJ

Newly Enlightened

I'd like one please!

JackJ

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonAddict: Shipped Feb 3
MXDan : Shipped Feb 4
onthebeam, Lintott : I am not sure about all the battery/circuit combinations.
There are so many, I would love to see a fully comprehensive chart by some of the experts.
Here's a start run time plots for all Fenix lights
SL230, JackJ : PMs will be sent soon :thanks:
AW, Cmoore : I'm glad you like them. More should be finding their way into their new homes
in a day or so.

After offering some to my non-CPF friends in Japan, there will only be 4 left. Thanks again :)

NickelPlate

Enlightened

Anyone have the wherewithall to post runtime plots and beam shots of an L2P head running with this short tube and single cr2? I am very interested in this mod.

A super mini pocket sized L2P with all the brightness and regulation of a stock L2P is very intriguing. Thanks.

Dave

Last edited:

Cmoore

Enlightened

NicklelPlate,

Although I have this combo (L2P head with CR2 Primary), I don't have the equipment to do a runtime plot.

I'm expecting the same flat regulated output the L2P shows with 2xAA lithiums; but, for how long?

By taking a look at just the difference in battery capacities (800 CR2 Lithium Primary / 6000 2xAA Lithium), and using a runtime plot for a L2P with 2xAA lithiums showing a very flat runtime of 386 minutes…simple math suggests a 51.5 minute runtime for the L2P head on a CR2 Primary.

Of course, the above fails to take into account several factors such as internal resistance, battery discharge rate and the like, but it at least gives one a rough order of magnitude runtime estimate.

Charlie