rav2.gif

Spectrum of the yellow LED.

rav3.gif

Spectrum of the green LED.

rav4.gif

Spectrum of the blue LED.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! :D So is that 490nm? Hard to tell exactly what it is. Do you know exactly what the peak is? The colors around those wavelengths vary a lot with just a couple of nm.

EDIT: Unless your instrument gives the actuall peak number, what I determined from drawing a line in photoshop was 488nm!! Argon laser color exactly!!

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
IsaacHayes said:
Thanks! :D So is that 490nm? Hard to tell exactly what it is. Do you know exactly what the peak is? The colors around those wavelengths vary a lot with just a couple of nm.

EDIT: Unless your instrument gives the actuall peak number, what I determined from drawing a line in photoshop was 488nm!! Argon laser color exactly!!
As far as I'm able to determine, the peak wavelength of that LED is between 491nm and 494nm.
Let me go examine that spectrum a little more closely and see if I can pin it down with any more accuracy...BBS...
Ok, looks like ~492nm to me.
Visually, from what I remember, the light from the Positron Laser is *JUST A HAIR* more greenish than the 488nm argon-ion laser.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, sounds like you nailed it then. ~2-4nm is visable probably when compared side by side. Do you find the side-spill when cast on objects like wood/skin/etc or stuff at a distance looks more green than the center hotspot? I found that once you get to 488nm it all looks "light blue" and that effect goes away. :wave:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think the corona light appears to be the same color as the hotspot; but I don't have access to forested areas or dark distant areas here, so I can't take it into dark woods or dark parking lots to see how objects appear in this light to confirm these findings for you. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.