Spy 007 Pics

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

Since I missed the first batch, I couldn't get this out of my mind. The first batch was sold out in less than a minute! Even the sale thread wasn't in the usual CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T where I used to look first. Only if I knew it would be in this Cool Fall thread, I wouldn't miss it.
Still wonder if the sale thread was in the CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T , how many seconds this would last. :crackup::crackup:

Tanasit

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics!

I have noticed something though. These pics give a different rendering of the SPY 007 than the first pics that have been released so far.

I looks like the prototype has a more "industrial" look, with "sharper" and more shiny look. In comparison, in these pictures the SPY looks like it has been buffed with scotchbrite or something. Not bead blaster though, but more satin/mate, less sharp. Less reflective. Is doesn't seem to have the same machining paterns that the tools and grinders leave like on the proto pictures.

Here's a comparison :

production :
IMG_3419.jpg

prototype :
hv2t0332lh0.jpg
img0655eviah3.jpg
img0662eviuj4.jpg

Does the production SPY really have a different finish or is it just the pictures tricking me?

Dang I can't wait to get mine. I haven't been waiting so impatiently for a light for a long time!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are identical. In fact the pics Mac took were of a production light . . . your light 0202. :grin2:

Lighting and camera make a big difference in way metal photographs.

Cheers
Dave

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just perusing the General Flashlight forum and came across a post in the "Picture Thread: Ugliest Flashlights" thread:

I hate to do it, but I have to cast my vote for the Spy (otherwise a superb concept). Reminds me of several different smoking accessories, one of which being a lighter. Just doesn't fit into my concept of an asthetically pleasing flashlight I suppose.

:wtf:

Apparently Dave has tricked us all..... He has not only sold us ugly lights, but ...... the UGLIEST!!! :eek: :eeew: :eek:oo:

Apparently, we should all get a refund, as the Spy 007s were blatantly falsely advertised with expert digital editing, photo manipulation and fancy lighting techniques. I'm not sure, but he may have even utilized some sort of subliminal/hypnosis technique to trick us into thinking these lights were.... cool looking?!?!

<OK....REALITY BACK ON>

:ohgeez:....Man, if CPF we ever collectively needed an "atomic-wedgie" smilie, this is the time!!! :crackup:

I guess the Spy 007s sold out in two minutes for thier functionality only. Next time, Data, you really need to concentrate more on asethetics!! That way your sales threads won't linger on for so long. :nana:

Just goes to show you we are a very diverse bunch. But WOW, who would have thought?!?!?! I stand stupified.

Then again.......... it does kindof look like a lighter though now that you mention it? :whistle: :wave:

MSax

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are identical. In fact the pics Mac took were of a production light . . . your light 0202. :grin2:

I can't wait I can't wait I CAN'T WAIT :p:crazy:

When I get it I'll try taking some pictures of it. It'll be tough to match Mac's pictures though :poof: Lighting seems to be a real challenge

Nice pics!

I have noticed something though. These pics give a different rendering of the SPY 007 than the first pics that have been released so far.

I looks like the prototype has a more "industrial" look, with "sharper" and more shiny look. In comparison, in these pictures the SPY looks like it has been buffed with scotchbrite or something. Not bead blaster though, but more satin/mate, less sharp. Less reflective. Is doesn't seem to have the same machining paterns that the tools and grinders leave like on the proto pictures.

The lights are identical. It's just that Mac's pics are truly GREAT pics, while mine are amateur light tent stuff. Mac's pics really reflect the aesthetic beauty of this light.

MSax, I bet I know who wrote the slam. Amazing, huh?

This light is already one of my favorites. I love it!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . .
Dave is way to busy boxing and getting things all ready for the next batch in record setting new times. :thumbsup: So we dare not interrupt him to say the least. Although I thinking he must have literally hundreds of plastic? parts from testing sw on his machine and some of those might make nice pacifiers for us who are having un-relentless urges to caress one. :naughty:

I do not have any plastic parts or I would send you one. In fact I never cut a wax one either (I got STL parts made for Matt). I have such powerful CAM simulation that I just don't need to cut wax any more. I did cut wax on the first 005 but the first 007 proto was titanium. It is really more about figuring out tools types, feeds and speeds in Ti than it is worring about bad tool paths.

Cheers
Dave

Edwood

Enlightened
I do not have any plastic parts or I would send you one. In fact I never cut a wax one either (I got STL parts made for Matt). I have such powerful CAM simulation that I just don't need to cut wax any more. I did cut wax on the first 005 but the first 007 proto was titanium. It is really more about figuring out tools types, feeds and speeds in Ti than it is worring about bad tool paths.

Cheers
Dave

Heheh, you could always use a FDM and "print" out real plastic 007's for people to buy as a toy to tide them over. I'd say plastic would be a little safer for X-Marine to suck on rather than the resin from the STL parts. :D

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why so many CONUS people have already received their SPY 007 and we don't see more pictures of the beast? :naughty:

Bring it on!

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Those pictures are insane for one of the CPfer's who missed the first batch :sick2:

Many thanks Arewethereyetdad !! I will remember that ;)

And you Dave, please stop babling here...you have lot of works, some people are waiting impatiently the second batch :thumbsup:

REally very nice, even in dream :twothumbs

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drunk: I got mine. Both the light and the pixie dust are unbelievable.

Is said pixie dust the same brand that Dave uses or do we aquire from another thread? I could use some to get me through these hard times:wave:!

daveelfht4.jpg

(Pic copyrighted by Well Fed Vegan Inc.)

Sorry Dave, really sorry, for resurrecting this - please don't take me off the interest list!:tinfoil:

Last edited:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
55522.jpg

55572.jpg

55552.jpg

Words alone cannot describe the awesomeness of this creation. It leaves me speechless. All I can do is this :rock: and this :bow: !!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
ORDER:

1 - Wallet
1 - 8 x 10 Glossy
3 dozen poster size (I don`t have a dartboard in my workshop :p)

Me :grin2:

Easy on the pixie dust, PLEASE! :drunk:

daveelfht4.jpg

(Pic copyrighted by Well Fed Vegan Inc.)

luxlunatic,

Your pictures are WONDERFUL! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I was all set to take some pics yesterday and the day before, but I was blindsided by a wake I had to attend last night. A friend of mine from high school was killed in a tragic hit and run accident while I was in college years ago. A few years later, one of her brothers was killed in a bizzare car accident while at work. This past weekend, her last surviving brother died in his sleep after suffering for years with sleep apnea. He left behind a 3 year old daughter and his pregnant wife at the age of 32.

Its almost unthinkable that a mother and father could outlive all three children, and to boot have all three children died so tragically. It was a bit much to bare.:(

....sorry if this isn't the place, but I had to get that off my chest.....

I will get some pics posted tonight hopefully. I have some interesting ideas brewing in my head. They should be quite interesting if they come out the way I'd like. :naughty:

The Spy 007 is a work of art.

MSax

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let the photos do the talking. :rock: & :bow:
100_5037.jpg

100_5039.jpg

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob, this is a family type place and your Spy is like naked!:eek: ......... no O-Rings :p Do you like the switch better without the O-Rings?

Oh and :kewlpics:

Last edited: