toby_pra

Flashaholic
Re: SPY 007 Sales thread #2 is now OPEN

Wow still 12 lights here....:confused:

Data you did a great work!!!:twothumbs

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like you estimated the supply/demand quite well Dave. 12 lights left should give a few days of cushion.

I'm sure in a better economic climate you'd be out already. I don't think any of us is immune to the economy, but after thinking about it for half a day I realized that the asking price is more than fair for a light that is so unique, functional, artistic, difficult and time-consuming to produce, and overall desireable.

Sure you'll get a good chunk of change from the sale, but honestly if this is your livelihood you should get a job that pays better in relation to your effort, time, and investment.

There are not many that can deliver such a complex finished product, and I decided I'd better get one while I can. Thanks for the Herculean effort producing these.

Last edited:

X_Marine

Enlightened

First I gotta say. LED Zeppelin bout hit it on the head!.. Well said dude. :thumbsup:

In today's economy I would say selling over 80% of these says lots.
Add to it our server went under construction for the swap.
Not to mention that Monday was a holiday and the PO's were closed.

I kinda knew it was a holiday but it didn't really set in till I made my first stop this morning at the Post Office for a Postal Money Order. Ok their closed.
So second stop was the bank for a deposit so I'll go in and also grab a MO.
After making my deposit and receiving my receipt I ask for 2 money orders. My teller ask would you like to use the same acct# for the MO's,, hmm, I reply I'll be paying cash. I am informed that she has to use an acct# for they won't do MOs unless you bank there. Ok, that kinda defeats the purpose. :ohgeez:

So I wait till a friend is over who is twice my size and tell him come on I need a MO. So we went to our corner store where I would have been a little uncomfotable counting out 2k and then walking out with MOs that are just like cash. It took a few mins as she had to check each bill with a pen, but other wise all was good.

Moral of my little story, think ahead and check the calendar about holidays. lol what a day. :thinking:

Glad that Dave is on the down hill slide now. Well deserved to say the least.
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

easilyled

Flashaholic

I'm sure it won't be difficult to shift the 12 remaining lights.
Some CPFers may have been away on hols. and others will read the reviews, look at the pics and instantly want one of them.
Otherwise you could always give them a difft. finish or put a P7 in them. :naughty:

So second stop was the bank for a deposit so I'll go in and also grab a MO. After making my deposit and receiving my receipt I ask for 2 money orders. My teller ask would you like to use the same acct# for the MO's,, hmm, I reply I'll be paying cash. I am informed that she has to use an acct# for they won't do MOs unless you bank there.

I'm amazed that you found a bank open yesterday. As a banker, I'm well aware of the federal holidays. :D

Scottiver

Enlightened

After making my deposit and receiving my receipt I ask for 2 money orders. My teller ask would you like to use the same acct# for the MO's,, hmm, I reply I'll be paying cash. I am informed that she has to use an acct# for they won't do MOs unless you bank there. Ok, that kinda defeats the purpose. :ohgeez:

I don't get it. You just made a deposit, which means that you DO have an account there, so why not just deposit the $2,000 as well and then get the money order right then and there? :thinking:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

31 lights shipped today!

Data, I think it's plain to see how much everyone appreciates this light, your work and the tip-top way the sale has been conducted.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THANKS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now stop lounging around, we're waiting for Spy009:p!

Touchdown in Kansas! The little beauty arrived today! Wow, I think this run is better than the first. I don't see any machine marks, and operationally the knob is smoother than the first one. Love my number, too: 0330. Thanks a million, Dave. Just about ready to fire off PayPal for another. :D :twothumbs:bow:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did the Fedex ones go out yet?

I was #22 on the list, and haven't received any kind of shipping notice.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

Touchdown in Kansas! The little beauty arrived today! Wow, I think this run is better than the first. I don't see any machine marks, and operationally the knob is smoother than the first one. Love my number, too: 0330. Thanks a million, Dave. Just about ready to fire off PayPal for another. :D :twothumbs:bow:

Dad - you got a palindrome!

Well chuffed to hear that this run is even better than the last, the last run was pretty near perfect as far as I could see!

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened

If we did get a shipment notice was it mailed today?

:whistle:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ugh this is pure torture seeing that lights are left...

I was hoping they would all sell out so I wouldn't have to suffer knowing the possibility to own one was still around :shakehead

Can't wait until pictures start getting posted! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ugh this is pure torture seeing that lights are left...

I was hoping they would all sell out so I wouldn't have to suffer knowing the possibility to own one was still around :shakehead

Can't wait until pictures start getting posted! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bullfrog, I plan on holding your light in reserve just for you for at least two years. :devil:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did the Fedex ones go out yet?

I was #22 on the list, and haven't received any kind of shipping notice.

Yes many of them did. PP should have fired an email off to you. Yours shipped Express mail overnight. Look for it tomorrow. :grin2:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bullfrog, I plan on holding your light in reserve just for you for at least two years. :devil:

:eek: :eek::eek: EVIL!

Well, I'm mounting a full strategic offensive tonight - I might just have to show her that extraordinary milling video on youtube!

The massive market rebound yesterday (and citi's growth today - in which I have a decent stake) doesn't hurt matters either :rolleyes:

My fingers are crossed :twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.