SST-50 EDC 4th Run now *All Shipped*

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SST-50 EDC 4th Run now *Closed for now*

A little teaser, folks ! :poke:

I think this light is definitely one of the perfect EDC lights, as MAC calls it EDC sst-50. I've got one from 3rd run from MAC himself, and got one from first run in a trade with another CPFer. Both Ti version.

The one I've got in 3rd run is 4500K, 5modes.
The one I've got in a trade, is also a Ti version 5 modes. I didn't know much about LED tint of 1st run, but now I find it much whiter in tint, so I just assume that it would be 6500k, or something.
I really like both tints, and it would be a tough choice if I have to choose only one.

As you can see, the first run one is a little bit shorter in length, and the third run one a little bit longer. Thus, the 3rd run one got a little bit deeper reflector. So I guess the third run one got a little bit tighter hot spot.

I'm sure you'll love this light you gonna get in the near future :whistle:.
And thanks MAC for your great work. :thumbsup:

[[[ In the pic's, 1st run one is one the left. ]]]

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I missed this run... (again :banghead:)

If you're going to do the fifth I'll be in

fyrstormer

Banned

EDC'ing my Ti 2.8 "warm" this week (found one of my holsters fits). Had it on high for ~2 minutes at a time yesterday - did not get hot.
Seriously? I don't see how that's possible. My Arc6 and Haiku get warm within seconds of being turned on high -- the Arc6 much more so, obviously, since it's running on more than twice the current of the Haiku.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seriously? I don't see how that's possible. My Arc6 and Haiku get warm within seconds of being turned on high -- the Arc6 much more so, obviously, since it's running on more than twice the current of the Haiku.

My EDC sst-50 is 1.2A - 5 modes.
It gets hot pretty quick on high apart from my hand.
A little bit better if holding in my hand.
I think it's only natural getting hot on High, either on 1.2 or 2.8A :thinking:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

My EDC sst-50 is 1.2A - 5 modes.

Quick question if i may:

1) How does the UI work? Is it a firm mechanical click to turn on low, then soft presses thereafter to get to higher levels/strobe?

2) Does it memorize the last level?

thanks for your help.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quick question if i may:

1) How does the UI work? Is it a firm mechanical click to turn on low, then soft presses thereafter to get to higher levels/strobe?

2) Does it memorize the last level?

thanks for your help.

1) I guess what you're describing in #1 is reverse clicky.
But, Mac'c sst-50 is forward clicky. So, if you half press quickly enough from off position, it will move on to the next level in sequence. When you get the mode you want, then press for latch on.

2) Yes it does memorize the last level.

Hope that helps. :wave:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Octaf,
thanks a lot for the info. It sounds like a great UI.

Just one more question: Does your EDC run at 150mA on low? If so, how many approximate lumens is it ?

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, Carl.

I cannot answer that question.

Probably, Mac should come in for this. :rolleyes:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok. I think mac gave me the answer i was looking for in the M*g drop in thread.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened

Has anyone figured out run times? I would be interested in the low, med, High, and maybe the IMR super high. Also any talk to how many lumens on the various modes?

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or at least current at each level for the different options (we can do some back of the envelope math to estimate the likely output).

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

High on IMR is 20 minutes.
Has anyone figured out run times? I would be interested in the low, med, High, and maybe the IMR super high. Also any talk to how many lumens on the various modes?

Optik49

Enlightened

Interested In an aluminum, clip 6500K If any more become available :poke:

Thanks

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

No they are roughly half as I remove half of the 7135 chips from the driver board.

Mac

I have a light from the third run and the board doesn't look like the ones in the pictures in post #62, I guess that's another driver...

I don't know what a 7135 chip is, but I see 4 chips on the outside of my board. I wrote about the draw I measured in the thread of the third run, it seemed rather low at roughly 1,40A (today's measures @ 4,00 Volt) and 1,80 with an 18650/2600 (@ 4,10 Volt).

It would be interesting to know the masures of a 1,4A driver! If anybody has both 1,4A and 2,8A drivers, what is the subjective difference in output on high? I compared my light to a P60 dropin with the same LED and driver from Nailbender (that's 16340 IMR against 18650/2600) and the dropin seemed brighter of course, 30% perhaps, I'd have to perform real tests in a dark room to get the real (still subjective) difference.

I still love that little light though, a real little bright sucker with the best tint I can imagine (4500K)! :thumbsup:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello, Henk Lu.

The pic's in #62 post is 1.2A, 5mode one.
I suppose it looks different. :rolleyes: